Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WinRar/QuickPar ? Plz

WinRar/QuickPar ? Plz

flickfan

When i open winrar my d/l folder appears; everything pops up; jpegs,
rar files and par revovery files. i found that it was slow opening up
the quickpar program so i've learned to just d-click on the pars
inside WinRar. Now of course somethings gone haywire as now a window
pops up with miles of code begins with Par 2 pktd. How, please, do i
get these two back togeather; they make a wonderful couple.

please and thank you,
flickfan

thanatoid

flickfan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> When i open winrar my d/l folder appears; everything pops
> up; jpegs, rar files and par revovery files. i found that
> it was slow opening up the quickpar program so i've learned
> to just d-click on the pars inside WinRar. Now of course
> somethings gone haywire as now a window pops up with miles
> of code begins with Par 2 pktd. How, please, do i get
> these two back togeather; they make a wonderful couple.
>
> please and thank you,
> flickfan

You DON'T get them back together, they HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH
EACH OTHER.

You make a directory (AKA folder) for the rar stuff and unrar
it.

If what you get is missing stuff, you move it all to a par
directory, DL the par files /there/ and use Quickpar on the lot.

Hope this is clear enough.

I have ALL my downloads go into c:\temp (it would be even better
to have them on another partition, but whatever). No
"MyDocushit" for me, thanks.

In temp I have subdirectories, like music, txt, pix, etc.

Using a good file manager will make all this very easy.

www.ghisler.com ($35 IIRC but works forever in trial mode) or
"free commander" if you are REALLY cheap (basically a free
rewrite of TC with some more advanced features missing *but* a
pretty XP/Vista interface! /bleah/).

--
The only cure for stupidity is death.
The only cure for brilliance is death.