Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > AD Logical Design Documentation Templates

AD Logical Design Documentation Templates

=?Utf-8?B?QUQgRG9jdW1lbnRhdGlvbj8/Pw==?=

Hi,

Does anyone have and example template of how to properly decumnt an AD
logical and physical design?

I know the design model I want - single forest, single domain, lots of
sites, OU delegation, GPO design, etc. I just don't know how to put it on
paper properly and professionally.

Any ideas???

=?Utf-8?B?VGFseW4=?=

I know this doesn't help much but I remember finding on the net, I think
Techrepublic.com, an Excel Document that listed all of the GPO options in
template form for design purposes. I can't find that document anymore so it
isn't going to help you, but it's something to keep in mind.

Now if you have an existing domain you want to document I have some
VBscripts that will place GPO info in a nice HTML page. Nice if you are a
field engineer.

Talyn

"AD Documentation???" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have and example template of how to properly decumnt an AD
> logical and physical design?
>
> I know the design model I want - single forest, single domain, lots of
> sites, OU delegation, GPO design, etc. I just don't know how to put it on
> paper properly and professionally.
>
> Any ideas???

MitchS

"Talyn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Now if you have an existing domain you want to document I have some
> VBscripts that will place GPO info in a nice HTML page. Nice if you are a
> field engineer.

You can do the same thing with GPMC can't you?

--
Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

=?Utf-8?B?VGFseW4=?=

You might be able to I don't know. I usually use the script so that it is in
a standard form that can be presented to the customer during the end of
project reports I have had to do.

I will have to try it using the GPMC utility.

Talyn

"MitchS" wrote:

> "Talyn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Now if you have an existing domain you want to document I have some
> > VBscripts that will place GPO info in a nice HTML page. Nice if you are a
> > field engineer.

> You can do the same thing with GPMC can't you?
>
> --
> Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
> MCNGP XLVIII (Now do the other certs REALLY matter?)
> Get yer sorry James over to www.mcngp.com

Neil

did you hear =?Utf-8?B?VGFseW4=?= <(E-Mail Removed)> say
in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I know this doesn't help much but I remember finding on the net, I
> think Techrepublic.com, an Excel Document that listed all of the GPO
> options in template form for design purposes. I can't find that
> document anymore so it isn't going to help you, but it's something to
> keep in mind.

did you mean this?:

http://tinyurl.com/3khc6

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- "marge, we're getting some drive-through, then we're doin' it twice".

=?Utf-8?B?VGFseW4=?=

This is the updated version of what I had (Windows 2000).

Thanks Neil.

Talyn

"Neil" wrote:

> did you hear =?Utf-8?B?VGFseW4=?= <(E-Mail Removed)> say
> in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I know this doesn't help much but I remember finding on the net, I
> > think Techrepublic.com, an Excel Document that listed all of the GPO
> > options in template form for design purposes. I can't find that
> > document anymore so it isn't going to help you, but it's something to
> > keep in mind.

> did you mean this?:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3khc6
>
> --
> The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
>

> - "marge, we're getting some drive-through, then we're doin' it twice".

Neil

did you hear =?Utf-8?B?VGFseW4=?= <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Thanks Neil.

*bow*

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- Wench: What you use to turn the head of a dolt.

converting XSD documentation to HTML documentation kev.sully@gmail.com XML 1 09-16-2006 12:09 PM
Templates templates templates JKop C++ 3 07-21-2004 11:44 AM
Python documentation: How about structured documentation? Looking for comments/suggestions Kenneth McDonald Python 2 05-06-2004 04:11 AM
Principles of documentation (was: Python Documentation Blows!) Cameron Laird Python 1 04-03-2004 06:54 PM

Advertisments