Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Copying Pics from Picasa

Copying Pics from Picasa

Zork152

Is there anyway we can prevent people from copying (right click and save
image as) from Picasa web albums.

If not...is there some place we can go to have this feature.

Evan Platt

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 06:10:49 GMT, "Zork152" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Is there anyway we can prevent people from copying (right click and save
>image as) from Picasa web albums.

Don't know. Don't have a Picsasa Web account. Did you look in like
Options?

>If not...is there some place we can go to have this feature.

Honestly? No.

If I want your pictures, I'll get them. Are there sites that disable
the right click, Save As? Well, for IE maybe. But that can be bypassed
so easily. Don't worry about it.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Zork152" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there anyway we can prevent people from copying (right click and save
>image as) from Picasa web albums.
>
>If not...is there some place we can go to have this feature.

You did post them to share right :]

What you can do is watermark your photos, if someone likes it enough
they can make arrangements with you for the original.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_watermarking

--

Leaf your glasses behind?
http://krampf.com/experiments/Science_Experiment37.html

richard

wrote:

>Is there anyway we can prevent people from copying (right click and save
>image as) from Picasa web albums.
>
>If not...is there some place we can go to have this feature.

Slap something idenifiable across the face so it cannot be removed
without damaging the image.
I don't need to right click. As I already have the image on my
machine.
I could just as easily do a "print screen" and save it that way.
Find the image on my temp internet list and transfer to another file
folder.

Christopher Jahn

Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 06:10:49 GMT, "Zork152"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Is there anyway we can prevent people from copying (right
>>click and save image as) from Picasa web albums.

> Don't know. Don't have a Picsasa Web account. Did you look in
> like Options?
>
>>If not...is there some place we can go to have this feature.

> Honestly? No.
>
> If I want your pictures, I'll get them. Are there sites that
> disable the right click, Save As? Well, for IE maybe. But that
> can be bypassed so easily. Don't worry about it.

Not as easily as you think; it CAN be defeated, and all you can
do is a screen capture of the image. And that's low res.

Picasa does not have this option, but Flickr does.

--
} Christopher Jahn
{ http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

I've had enough... AOL managed to turn a great
browser into... into... NS6.|[posted to Netscape Feedback]

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Christopher Jahn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> If I want your pictures, I'll get them. Are there sites that
>> disable the right click, Save As? Well, for IE maybe. But that
>> can be bypassed so easily. Don't worry about it.

>Not as easily as you think; it CAN be defeated, and all you can
>do is a screen capture of the image. And that's low res.

Opera and FF, just grab them out of the cache, get what was posted -
easy.

--

Cloud factory
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...3561453&size=l

Evan Platt

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 09:40:56 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Opera and FF, just grab them out of the cache, get what was posted -
>easy.

Not always.. I've seen a few sites that display photos via shockwave
or some other 'odd' method. Made stealing their pics a tad more
difficult - especially when the full size image went beyond the
resolution of my monitor. Cut, paste, cut, paste, etc.

Christopher Jahn

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Christopher Jahn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> If I want your pictures, I'll get them. Are there sites that
>>> disable the right click, Save As? Well, for IE maybe. But
>>> that can be bypassed so easily. Don't worry about it.

>>Not as easily as you think; it CAN be defeated, and all you
>>can do is a screen capture of the image. And that's low res.

> Opera and FF, just grab them out of the cache, get what was
> posted - easy.

Not really. Some sites don't cache the photos; you end up with an
empty .gif

It's all sleight of hand.

--
} Christopher Jahn
{ http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

Do not be led astray onto the path of virtue.