Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Newbie finding way fitfully through thicket...

Newbie finding way fitfully through thicket...

Suzy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

>>No, I am not connected to any other network. The network is clearly shown
>>as
>>mine.
>>

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Thanks but problem now over. My son spent over an hour and a half on the
phone with me and we tried so many things I can't remember them all.
However, it is working OK now.

Barb Bowman

thanks for the update

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

tibi

i bought a brother mfc-7420 printer/fax/scan and my portable computer does't
read the supply CD could I do the set-up in line?
--
tibi

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> you need to log into your router and see how the security is setup.
> Please post that information here.
>
> On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 05:15:43 +1100, "Suzy" <not@valid> wrote:
>

> >"Barb Bowman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> it sounds like you did not set encryption at all OR you are actually
> >> connecting to someone else's unsecured wireless network.
> >>
> >> did you set up a name for the SSID? what is the name of the network
> >> you are connected to?

> >> --
> >>
> >> Barb Bowman
> >> MS Windows-MVP
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
> >> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

> >No, I am not connected to any other network. The network is clearly shown as
> >mine.
> >

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Don Phillipson

"tibi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> i bought a brother mfc-7420 printer/fax/scan and my portable computer

does't
> read the supply CD could I do the set-up in line?

1. If you bought this MFC new, get a new CD from the vendor.
2. You can probably find essential drivers (and perhaps the
whole software suite) at www.brother.com

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs