Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Connecting to a wireless network with Windows 2000 Professional

Connecting to a wireless network with Windows 2000 Professional

=?Utf-8?B?QWthc2g=?=

Hi,

I have Windows 2000 Professional on my Dell D600 laptop. How do I connect to
a wireless network? My system has the required hardware configuration for
connection, but I don't see any icon or menu item, which is available in
Windows XP, that can help me follow a simple wizard and log on to the nearest
accessible wireless network.

Please help!

Cheers,
Akash

Pavel A.

"Akash" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have Windows 2000 Professional on my Dell D600 laptop. How do I connect to
> a wireless network? My system has the required hardware configuration for
> connection, but I don't see any icon or menu item, which is available in
> Windows XP, that can help me follow a simple wizard and log on to the nearest
> accessible wireless network.

So upgrade to XP and get that wizard?

--PA

mikeFNB

you still have to load the software from the wireless card even if it is a
built in one.
then you will be able to connect via start/settings/network & dial up
connections and the card software.
make sure tcp/ip is in the list

mike

"Akash" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have Windows 2000 Professional on my Dell D600 laptop. How do I connect

> a wireless network? My system has the required hardware configuration for
> connection, but I don't see any icon or menu item, which is available in
> Windows XP, that can help me follow a simple wizard and log on to the

nearest
> accessible wireless network.
>
> Please help!
>
> Cheers,
> Akash

Joseph Stewart

"Pavel A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Akash" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have Windows 2000 Professional on my Dell D600 laptop. How do I

connect to
> > a wireless network? My system has the required hardware configuration

for
> > connection, but I don't see any icon or menu item, which is available in
> > Windows XP, that can help me follow a simple wizard and log on to the

nearest
> > accessible wireless network.

> So upgrade to XP and get that wizard?
>
> --PA

LOL

--
Joseph

davidgshi davidgshi is offline
Junior Member

I am using a Wireless LAN USB adapter(Model No: SP907GK, Brand: Micronet). It is Windows NT 2000.

The modem is Tiscali one and the service is Talktalk service.

It wors fine sometimes. But recently, very often I just cannot open any web page/website.

I used Micronet Wireless Network utility for settings. I shows that my computer is communicating with the modem. And, Skype is on and useful. I

It is simply the case that website cannot be opened.

I checked local area connection. The status Packets sent 1,320, Received 533.

What should I do to make it work?

What is the best configuration?

Regards.

David