Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > xmas....

xmas....

doS

me wife decides to get me a new laptop for xmas, we go to the retailer,they
dont have it in stock. we order it, pay cash upfront.they tell me a week to
10 days to ship to my workplace., and gives me the reciept.this is on the
12/22.so i look online on the 12/26 and see they now have laptops in the
local stores.I call the 800 number , request my order cancelled,and request
store pickup instead..sure no problem I am told.I then call the local store
and explain the whole thing to them, i want to get store stock so i don't
have to wait for shipping.I get transfered from dept to dept, disconnected
about 4 times, and keep having to explain my story over and over.
finally, i get a manager at the store, who tells me, ok, we canclled the
online order, I have a laptop in my hands with your name on it, come get it.
we go to the store, I show the girl my receipt, she gets the lappy off the
shelf, hands me my reciept back and the laptop and says have a good day.I am
thinking, wait, then I thinks,I am not going thru the whole story again.

today fedex delivers another laptop to me.

pcbutts1

Merry belated Christmas.

"doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zZhdj.983$(E-Mail Removed)...
> me wife decides to get me a new laptop for xmas, we go to the
> retailer,they dont have it in stock. we order it, pay cash upfront.they
> tell me a week to 10 days to ship to my workplace., and gives me the
> reciept.this is on the 12/22.so i look online on the 12/26 and see they
> now have laptops in the local stores.I call the 800 number , request my
> order cancelled,and request store pickup instead..sure no problem I am
> told.I then call the local store and explain the whole thing to them, i
> want to get store stock so i don't have to wait for shipping.I get
> transfered from dept to dept, disconnected about 4 times, and keep having
> to explain my story over and over.
> finally, i get a manager at the store, who tells me, ok, we canclled the
> online order, I have a laptop in my hands with your name on it, come get
> it.
> we go to the store, I show the girl my receipt, she gets the lappy off the
> shelf, hands me my reciept back and the laptop and says have a good day.I
> am thinking, wait, then I thinks,I am not going thru the whole story
> again.
>
> today fedex delivers another laptop to me.

Rgr

doS wrote:
> me wife decides to get me a new laptop for xmas, we go to the
> retailer,they dont have it in stock. we order it, pay cash upfront.they
> tell me a week to 10 days to ship to my workplace., and gives me the
> reciept.this is on the 12/22.so i look online on the 12/26 and see they
> now have laptops in the local stores.I call the 800 number , request my
> order cancelled,and request store pickup instead..sure no problem I am
> told.I then call the local store and explain the whole thing to them, i
> want to get store stock so i don't have to wait for shipping.I get
> transfered from dept to dept, disconnected about 4 times, and keep
> having to explain my story over and over.
> finally, i get a manager at the store, who tells me, ok, we canclled the
> online order, I have a laptop in my hands with your name on it, come get
> it.
> we go to the store, I show the girl my receipt, she gets the lappy off
> the shelf, hands me my reciept back and the laptop and says have a good
> day.I am thinking, wait, then I thinks,I am not going thru the whole
> story again.
>
> today fedex delivers another laptop to me.

I'll give you $100 for it.

doS

sold

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> doS wrote:
>> me wife decides to get me a new laptop for xmas, we go to the
>> retailer,they dont have it in stock. we order it, pay cash upfront.they
>> tell me a week to 10 days to ship to my workplace., and gives me the
>> reciept.this is on the 12/22.so i look online on the 12/26 and see they
>> now have laptops in the local stores.I call the 800 number , request my
>> order cancelled,and request store pickup instead..sure no problem I am
>> told.I then call the local store and explain the whole thing to them, i
>> want to get store stock so i don't have to wait for shipping.I get
>> transfered from dept to dept, disconnected about 4 times, and keep having
>> to explain my story over and over.
>> finally, i get a manager at the store, who tells me, ok, we canclled the
>> online order, I have a laptop in my hands with your name on it, come get
>> it.
>> we go to the store, I show the girl my receipt, she gets the lappy off
>> the shelf, hands me my reciept back and the laptop and says have a good
>> day.I am thinking, wait, then I thinks,I am not going thru the whole
>> story again.
>>
>> today fedex delivers another laptop to me.

> I'll give you $100 for it.

richard

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 21:08:31 -0500, "doS" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>me wife decides to get me a new laptop for xmas, we go to the retailer,they
>dont have it in stock. we order it, pay cash upfront.they tell me a week to
>10 days to ship to my workplace., and gives me the reciept.this is on the
>12/22.so i look online on the 12/26 and see they now have laptops in the
>local stores.I call the 800 number , request my order cancelled,and request
>store pickup instead..sure no problem I am told.I then call the local store
>and explain the whole thing to them, i want to get store stock so i don't
>have to wait for shipping.I get transfered from dept to dept, disconnected
>about 4 times, and keep having to explain my story over and over.
>finally, i get a manager at the store, who tells me, ok, we canclled the
>online order, I have a laptop in my hands with your name on it, come get it.
>we go to the store, I show the girl my receipt, she gets the lappy off the
>shelf, hands me my reciept back and the laptop and says have a good day.I am
>thinking, wait, then I thinks,I am not going thru the whole story again.
>
>today fedex delivers another laptop to me.

A few days before Christmas a few years back, I was getting onto the
Ohio turnpike in my truck. Pulled up to the toll booth as usual. Ohio
has two printouts, one for cars, one for trucks. My ticket comes out
the bottom for cars, so I had to wiggle out of the truck to get it.

Figuring I'd have to pay truck rates anyway, I wasn't going to be to
surprised if that happened. Ohio doesn't check again as Pa does when
you exit. So I rolled up to the booth, told the clerk what happened,
she runs the ticket through.
"Merry Christmas".
Paid for like a class 3 when I was supposed to be class 8.

Hot Floppsie

doS wrote:snip>

you boring ****

doS

thanks for the read

"Hot Floppsie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fl51tg$9f6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> doS wrote:snip>
>
> you boring ****

me

"doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zZhdj.983$(E-Mail Removed)...
> me wife decides to get me a new laptop for xmas, we go to the
> retailer,they dont have it in stock. we order it, pay cash upfront.they
> tell me a week to 10 days to ship to my workplace., and gives me the
> reciept.this is on the 12/22.so i look online on the 12/26 and see they
> now have laptops in the local stores.I call the 800 number , request my
> order cancelled,and request store pickup instead..sure no problem I am
> told.I then call the local store and explain the whole thing to them, i
> want to get store stock so i don't have to wait for shipping.I get
> transfered from dept to dept, disconnected about 4 times, and keep having
> to explain my story over and over.
> finally, i get a manager at the store, who tells me, ok, we canclled the
> online order, I have a laptop in my hands with your name on it, come get
> it.
> we go to the store, I show the girl my receipt, she gets the lappy off the
> shelf, hands me my reciept back and the laptop and says have a good day.I
> am thinking, wait, then I thinks,I am not going thru the whole story
> again.
>
> today fedex delivers another laptop to me.

Nice one. Similar happened to me back in 94. Living in London,I bought a
computer from Argos,which is a catalogue store. After a few weeks the thing
was acting up,and was a complete pile of crap.
i was outside the return period so they wouldnt let me return it. Undeterred
by this i managed to get through to someone high up at head office and she
was all apologetic and told me i could return it if i wasnt happy and said
the idiots at the store didnt know what they were doing.
So I took it back to the store that i got it from,I had only paid a 20%
deposit on it,(The rest was to be paid on monthly payments) so I got that
back in cash when i took it back to the store. All happy. About a week
later,I get a cheque in the mail from Argos for the FULL retail price of the
computer,even though i had only paid the deposit and already had that
refunded.
I almost ran to the bank and paid 10 quid to do a special clearance on the
cheque before the idiots realised their mistake and cancelled it. Next day
it was in my account. Never heard from them,so likewise,they never heard
from me either.