Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > HD-DVD Outsells Beta Ray - Amazon. No Beta Ray in top 25.

HD-DVD Outsells Beta Ray - Amazon. No Beta Ray in top 25.

POD {ҿ}

Gunther Gloop <(E-Mail Removed)> once tried to test me.
I ate their liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti

> Clive. wrote:
>> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Gray One
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

>>> It's sometimes hard to believe there are others who can look at
>>> these things with some perspective but I am sure (hope) we aren't
>>> the only two.

>> No you're not, I'm the original Betamax man, indeed I still have the
>> machine, but this time I'll wait for a winner. (Whichever I back
>> will lose.)

> That's just selfishness. You have an opportunity to fix it for all of
> us and you're there sitting on the fence. Just buy one format now so
> the rest of us will know (once and for all) to get the other.
>
> C'mon Clive. Do it for the future of the industry. Do it for mankind.
> We may not thank you, but at least you'll have the satisfaction of
> knowing you're bigger than all that.
>
> -Kevin.

Yeah Clive, go buy a HDDVD drive now! You won't regret it

--
Thank you kindly

POD {ҿ}
.`..`..`..`..`..`. .`.
Oh people, know that you have committed great sins.
If you ask me what proof I have for these words,
I say it is because I am the punishment of God.
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
.`..`..`..`..`..`. .`.

Bill's News

"JR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4777dc1f$1$10992$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "POD {ҿ}" wrote:
>>
>> (snip)
>>
>>> HD DVD fans are like Mac users, they feel so insecure about
>>> their wrong
>>> purchasing choice that they need to take swipes at the
>>> opposing
>>> technology.

>> Too funny.
>>
>> T.B.

> Beta Ray fans are the same. All fangirls are the same no
> matter what they like.
> Remeber everyone claming Apple was going to go broke
> for..years..now they are massive and growing with stocks worth
> $200 a share. Pretty good for a company that was declared dead
> a million times I guess Apple/Steve Jobs owning Pixar helps
> a bit as well, and that ipod and imac stuff

I was fortunate to be among a group invited to PARC to see
"Lisa." Xerox was then desperate to rid themselves of all
computer related expenditures and I was totally awed at that
time by what today would appear juvenile. The company I
represented then did not see this as a viable investment. Steve
Jobs toured shortly thereafter. History tells the rest of the
story. Right up to the time it didn't happen, I thought Apple
and hyperlinks were the way to go. Then Al Gore invented the
internet, before going on to invent Swede-whelming, global
warming and it all became moot;-0)

BTW, this same company that I dealt with then also saw no future
in owning cell phone tower rights. Never-the-less, it was a fun
contract;-0)

*^&%$$#*%!

"POD {ҿ}" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> once tried to test me. I ate their liver with
> some fava beans and a nice chianti
>
>> So what is your point you own a HD DVD and you want it to win?
>> This is the first proof that you found that it might.

> No it isn't, it's taken 3 months for the Blade Runner Blu-ray to drop down
> the charts, this dickless gimp has had to wait all year for this one blip
> in the charts to cross post this **** all over usenet.

Blade Runner on HD-DVD and Blu-Ray only came out last month.

POD {ҿ}

"*^&%$$#*%!" <(E-Mail Removed)> once tried to test me. I ate
their liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti

> "POD {ҿ}" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> once tried to test me. I ate their liver
>> with some fava beans and a nice chianti
>>
>>> So what is your point you own a HD DVD and you want it to win?
>>> This is the first proof that you found that it might.

>> No it isn't, it's taken 3 months for the Blade Runner Blu-ray to drop
>> down the charts, this dickless gimp has had to wait all year for this
>> one blip in the charts to cross post this **** all over usenet.

> Blade Runner on HD-DVD and Blu-Ray only came out last month.

Try keep up, it was topping the charts as a pre-sale on blu-ray. Amazon
don't seperate items ordered between sold from stock or pre-sale. So it
was in Amazon's chart from October, when it entered at number 3 in their
list.

--
Thank you kindly

POD {ҿ}