Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > php at home

php at home

Gaston Verhulst

Hello,

Running this command gives an output:
[gastonv@telenetPC ~]$ php -r 'echo "Hello World\n";'
Hello World

I have made a html like this:
[gastonv@telenetPC ~]$ cat helloworld.html
<head>
<title>PHP Test</title>
</head>
<?
php -r 'echo "Hello World\n";'
?>

When I rum it on my computer I only see a empty field.
[gastonv@telenetPC ~]$ firefox helloworld.html

My server is Telenet in Belgium and he doesn't support php.
So, I like to try to run it at home.
Perhaps I have to install something more?

Thanks in advance for helping,
Gaston Verhulst.

Sean

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:15:58 +0000, Gaston Verhulst wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Running this command gives an output: [gastonv@telenetPC ~]$ php -r
> 'echo "Hello World\n";' Hello World

Your post is kind of off-topic. You may want to move this post over to
comp.lang.php

> I have made a html like this:
> [gastonv@telenetPC ~]$ cat helloworld.html <html>
> <head>
> <title>PHP Test</title>
> </head>
> <?
> php -r 'echo "Hello World\n";'

You need to take out that "-r" you have in there.

> ?>
>
> When I rum it on my computer I only see a empty field.
> [gastonv@telenetPC ~]$ firefox helloworld.html

You're going to want to save this page as .php so your PHP processor
picks it up and executes it.