Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > With exams to take.

With exams to take.

Alex Baekelandt

Dear,

I'm wondering with exams i have to take to become a Mcse. I have already the
following certifications:
- Mcp
- Mcdst xp
- Mcsa 2003.

I looked at the microsoft website but i'm a bit confused have i to take 3 or
4 examens. I think that the next exams are sufficient. A'm i right ?

- 70-293
- 70-294
- 70-297

John R

"Alex Baekelandt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear,
>
> I'm wondering with exams i have to take to become a Mcse. I have already
> the
> following certifications:
> - Mcp
> - Mcdst xp
> - Mcsa 2003.
>
> I looked at the microsoft website but i'm a bit confused have i to take 3
> or
> 4 examens. I think that the next exams are sufficient. A'm i right ?
>
> - 70-293
> - 70-294
> - 70-297

Yes, you need 70-293, 70-294 and a design elective. 70-297 is one of the
suggested design electives so what you have laid out will get you to MCSE
2003.

John R.

John R

news:uolY5%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Alex Baekelandt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Dear,
>>
>> I'm wondering with exams i have to take to become a Mcse. I have already
>> the
>> following certifications:
>> - Mcp
>> - Mcdst xp
>> - Mcsa 2003.
>>
>> I looked at the microsoft website but i'm a bit confused have i to take 3
>> or
>> 4 examens. I think that the next exams are sufficient. A'm i right ?
>>
>> - 70-293
>> - 70-294
>> - 70-297

> Yes, you need 70-293, 70-294 and a design elective. 70-297 is one of the
> suggested design electives so what you have laid out will get you to MCSE
> 2003.
>
> John R.

Actually, upon further examination, you will also need to satisfy the
elective requirement for MCSE. Your MCDST worked for MCSA, but not MCSE.

Sorry about the confusion.

John R