Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Home Directory Question

Home Directory Question

LRM

Citrix! Well, interesting. Did you try deleting her roaming profile and
recreating it?
Could be SID related as well.

"Talyn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> LRM,
> Thanks for the info yesterday. None of it worked unfortunately. I am at
> this
> point believing that the SID has something to do with this issue since it
> is
> only occuring on a single users profile and it seems to follow her around
> from XP machine to XP machine. Funny thing is she can log into Citrix and
> everything works just fine.
>
> Thanks
>
> Talyn
>

> "LRM" wrote:
>
>> "Talyn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Sorry about that. Your first option was correct. She is trying to open
>> > .doc
>> > or .xls file within her home directory. As soon as she clicks open it
>> > kicks
>> > the error "Access Denied" out. It also moves her to the parent folder
>> > which
>> > she just finds her folder name (home folder) and is able to work like
>> > normal.
>> >
>> > Added info I didn't give before. Her computer doesn't provide any event
>> > related to this nor does the Domain Controller. Out of the 80+ users I
>> > have
>> > she is the only one to experiense this.
>> >
>> > One more thing. Even though her profile has the correct mapping done
>> > for
>> > her
>> > if she were to navigate to her home folder via Windows Explorer she
>> > still
>> > gets either the access denied or it just maps the \\denver\users folder
>> > instead of the \\denver\users\username folder.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Talyn

>> Is the home directory a shared folder? Also check the file permissions.
>> If
>> they look correct, and you are still getting an error, remove all
>> permissions and re-add. If that doesn't work, create a new home folder
>> and
>> move her files to it, and create the appropriate permissions and see if
>> that
>> does it. Also make sure there are no deny permissions set for a group she
>> might be a member of for that directory.

=?Utf-8?B?VGFseW4=?=

Well I don't have her on a roaming profile at this point. So I am going to
run with the idea that SIDs is directly involved. I will probably delete her
profile on the local machine to take care of the issue you are leading into
in you last post.

Thanks for all your help.

Talyn

"LRM" wrote:

> Citrix! Well, interesting. Did you try deleting her roaming profile and
> recreating it?
> Could be SID related as well.
>

> "Talyn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > LRM,
> > Thanks for the info yesterday. None of it worked unfortunately. I am at
> > this
> > point believing that the SID has something to do with this issue since it
> > is
> > only occuring on a single users profile and it seems to follow her around
> > from XP machine to XP machine. Funny thing is she can log into Citrix and
> > everything works just fine.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Talyn
> >

> > "LRM" wrote:
> >
> >> "Talyn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Is the home directory a shared folder? Also check the file permissions.
> >> If
> >> they look correct, and you are still getting an error, remove all
> >> permissions and re-add. If that doesn't work, create a new home folder
> >> and
> >> move her files to it, and create the appropriate permissions and see if
> >> that
> >> does it. Also make sure there are no deny permissions set for a group she
> >> might be a member of for that directory.

kpg

LRM <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like

> Could be SID related as well.

What does Sudden Infant Death Syndrone have to do with
roaming profiles?

What's that...Security Identifer, oh...Never mind.

TechGeekPro

On Mar 9, 2006 at 2:45pm "Talyn" blathered:

> Well I don't have her on a roaming profile at this point. So I am going
> to run with the idea that SIDs is directly involved. I will probably
> delete her profile on the local machine to take care of the issue you
> are leading into in you last post.

Try telling her to sleep on her back. That's supposed to prevent SIDS.

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
I may be an alcoholic, but at least I ain't no quitter.

James

with the advent of modern news groups readers its easy enough to click on
the first post, then you can see the post below it, and you know its a reply
because it shows intented. So you click on it, and boom, theres the next
post, it flows nicely. Then some dumbass bottom posts and you have to
scroll through everything....MOST annoying
get with the times
bottom posting is a thing of the past

"Bigus Diİkus" <BigusDiİkus@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "kpg" <kenatweekendcomputerdotcom> wrote in message
> news:Xns97815922519A3ipostthereforeiam@127.0.0.1.. .
>> Bigus Dickus <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like

>>> What? Or you're one of them bottom feeders!
>>>
>>> Sorry, I gotta disagree with you there. It's much easier to follow a
>>> conversation like this:

>>> 5
>>>
>>> versus, like this:
>>>
>>> 5
>>>

>> I didn't follow that.
>>

> Does this make it easier?
>
>>> 1

>>> versus, like this:

>>> 1

> --
> Bigus Diİkus
> --Don't feel bad. A lot of people have no talent!

TechGeekPro

On Mar 9, 2006 at 4:18pm "James" blathered:

> with the advent of modern news groups readers its easy enough to click
> on the first post, then you can see the post below it, and you know its
> a reply because it shows intented. So you click on it, and boom, theres
> the next post, it flows nicely. Then some dumbass bottom posts and you
> have to scroll through everything....MOST annoying
> get with the times
> bottom posting is a thing of the past

A *good* newsreader has tools for such a thing.

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
I may be an alcoholic, but at least I ain't no quitter.

JaR

plaintive wail of James:

> get with the times
> bottom posting is a thing of the past

Hardly.

If you are posting in a newsgroup you are expected to follow the etiquette
and conventions of that newsgroup. There are certain groups that are 100%
windows and OE that use almost exclusively top posting, but most don't and
will correct you if you do it.

A] Top-posting.

Q] What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

--
JaR
MCNGP 10110

James

A] Bottom-posting.

Q] What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Perhaps bottom posting would make sense if you open the last post first and
read from the bottom up, but who does that???

Please, please....don't bottom post

news:Xns97819337F3163Talleywhacker@207.46.248.16.. .
> Echoed forth from the dank caverns of microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, the
> plaintive wail of James:
>
>> get with the times
>> bottom posting is a thing of the past

> Hardly.
>
> If you are posting in a newsgroup you are expected to follow the etiquette
> and conventions of that newsgroup. There are certain groups that are 100%
> windows and OE that use almost exclusively top posting, but most don't and
> will correct you if you do it.
>
> A] Top-posting.
>
> Q] What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?
>
> --
> JaR
> MCNGP 10110
> Remove hat to reply
> Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist
> the
> black flag, and begin slitting throats. ~H. L. Mencken

Jtyc

> Please, please....don't bottom post

You will never convince this crowd.

Many a day wasted trying to tell these people they are doing it wrong and it
was all for naught.

JaR

the plaintive wail of James:

> Perhaps bottom posting would make sense if you open the last post
> first and read from the bottom up, but who does that???

What the...

Those words taken individually seem to have meaning, but strung together
like that they just don't make any sense.

Kinda like reading a sentence typed by another local fsckwit that calls
itself gtight or some such.

--
JaR
MCNGP 10110