Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > SD cards

SD cards

measekite

Ron Hunter wrote:
> measekite wrote:
>>

>> Ron Hunter wrote:
>>>>
>>> I would much rather have 4 $20 2GB cards!

>> Why?

> First, because I am wary of putting all my eggs in one basket.
> Second, it is more flexible, in that I can use multiple cards for
> multiple purposes, simultaneously. Third, it is about 70% cheaper!

Still it would be nice to have a 4GB SD card to shoot a long movie.

Ron Hunter

measekite wrote:

> Ron Hunter wrote:
>> measekite wrote:
>>> Best Buy is the worst store to buy photo (most computer stuff as
>>> well) from. Their return policy lags way behind other stores. If
>>> you return something with a receipt they want to charge you a
>>> restocking fee. I would never buy from them.

>> It depends on WHY you returned the item. If it is defective, then you
>> will not be charged a restocking fee (since they won't be restocking it).
>> I have dealt with Best Buy for years and never had a single problem
>> with them. Perhaps there is a problem with management of your store.

> Not at all. Follow this scenario. Based on advertising and
> specifications you purchase something where you have a reasonable
> expectation. After trying it out you find that you expectations were
> not met and the product was just hyped up. So you want to return it
> with a receipt. The product was actually sold under false pretenses (or
> the BB sales person gave you incorrect or inflated information) and now
> you are facing a restocking fee.
>
> There are many other vendors who have even better prices without this
> general policy. BB offers you nothing that other stores offer with the
> exception that they do not offer rebates.

I can only suggest you do more research before buying ANY product. A
bit of research will save you those restocking fees, and keep you out of
the lines at the return counter.

Ron Hunter

measekite wrote:

> Ron Hunter wrote:
>> measekite wrote:

>>> Why?

>> First, because I am wary of putting all my eggs in one basket.
>> Second, it is more flexible, in that I can use multiple cards for
>> multiple purposes, simultaneously. Third, it is about 70% cheaper!

> Still it would be nice to have a 4GB SD card to shoot a long movie.

Get a digital Movie Camera.

Roger (K8RI)

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:46:08 -0800, measekite <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

Please take care in your trimming, except for the header it appears I
am the one who said BB is a bad place to buy and I did not say that.

You trimming and attributes both show that single comment inserted
came from me

>Roger (K8RI) wrote: On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 23:03:58 -0500, "Sam"
><sam@nospamformeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee> wrote:
>

> What brand of SD card are best I saw a 8gb for $199. at best buy but
>thought that was too much

I did not post the following two lines!

> Best Buy is a very bad place to buy anything technical. If you want to return it for any reason they will charge you a restocking fee even if you have a receipt.
> Who needs them. You can get as good a price from many places who have reasonable return policies.

Maybe in your neighborhood but not here in Midland. The remote for
our TV started getting flaky after nearly a year. I took it in just to
try it against one of their sets so I'd know if the problem was in the
TV or remote. They gave me a new remote, no questions asked.

In general you have so many days in which you can return an item
without a restocking fee. They even let me try out several TVs to make
sure I got the one I wanted.

Roger (K8RI)