Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Just like I said it was.

Just like I said it was.

ChairmanOfTheBored

The cable cos cut your resolution, and over half the buyers out there
don't even know what they are getting, nor that it makes SDTV look bad
because it shoes it for what it really is, in all its low res "detail".

I said a long time ago that the blur on LCDs was due to the motion
estimation hardware the makers incorporate.

http://www.eetimes.com/showArticle.j...leID=205200372

Richard C.

"ChairmanOfTheBored" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> The cable cos cut your resolution, and over half the buyers out there
> don't even know what they are getting, nor that it makes SDTV look bad
> because it shoes it for what it really is, in all its low res "detail".

=============================
Which is why I get all my DTV/HDTV via antenna!

Bill's News

"Richard C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> "ChairmanOfTheBored" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The cable cos cut your resolution, and over half the buyers
>> out there
>> don't even know what they are getting, nor that it makes SDTV
>> look bad
>> because it shoes it for what it really is, in all its low res
>> "detail".
>>

> =============================
> Which is why I get all my DTV/HDTV via antenna!

Does anyone have a numbers supporting this opinion? I capture
both from antenna and cable. On the antenna, which is about 8.7
GBph, I get one HD stream and several non-HD. On the cable,
which is about 17.4 GBph, I get major networks at 2x1080i or
3x720p streams and possibly one other non-HD on either. How are
these numbers any different from each other?

Much of my recording, during the writers' strike, is from PBS.
OTA they send a 720p stream and 3 other SD streams. On cable,
they share with FOX and ABC 720p streams and a single other SD
stream. The cable signal is twice the bit rate of OTA.

After selecting a stream and editing with VideoReDO, most cable
broadcasts (save PBS) contain more bytes per 41 minutes than
OTA.