Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Newbie question re simple wireless network

Newbie question re simple wireless network

Suzy

Hi all. I'm in Australia. Have just installed a Belkin wireless G router and
linked it to my existing Netcomm NB5. This enables my one laptop (ie a
network of one!) to be portable around the house and works well on the Net.
Now I'd like to be able to reach my MFC7420 printer (no Ethernet port --
only USB) from my laptop wirelessly too. Do I do that with a little wireless
box? If so, how does it not interfere with the router? BTW, does the whole
shooting match work by spread spectrum frequency hopping?

Thanks all

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
If the printer is currently connected to a computer you can enable its
sharing and print through the Network (does not matter if the computer is
wired or wireless).
Otherwise, you can try to make the printer a Network Printer by buying an
installing on the printer a wireless USB Printer server. When it is a
network printer it is not connected to any specific computer and all
Networked computers can use it.
However take into consideration that since your printer is All in One it
might not work or it work partially.
http://www.ezlan.net/prtserver.html
In any case it would affect your Wireless laptop and the Router.
Jack (MVP-Networking).