Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Mozilla Firefox vs Windows Internet Explorer v.7.0

Mozilla Firefox vs Windows Internet Explorer v.7.0

Paul

I have made this button as sample

http://www.tortebomboniere.com/button01.html

If I use Windows Internet Explorer, the whole area of button is clickable.
If I use Mozilla Firefox, only the link inside the area is clickable.

Why? Is it possible change the codes to make clickable the whole area using
Mozilla?
Thanks
Paul

zara

On Dec 27, 6:28 pm, "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have made this button as sample
>
> http://www.tortebomboniere.com/button01.html
>
> If I use Windows Internet Explorer, the whole area of button is clickable.
> If I use Mozilla Firefox, only the link inside the area is clickable.
>
> Why? Is it possible change the codes to make clickable the whole area using
> Mozilla?
> Thanks
> Paul

That's not a button, it's a table. You *could* anchor the entire
table, but that wouldn't be correct (works in my browser, but would
probably break many others). That means placing <a href> and </a>
outside the table.

You really should use CSS instead. Just Google out "css buttons" and
you'll have all the info you need.

Jonathan N. Little

zara wrote:
> On Dec 27, 6:28 pm, "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I have made this button as sample
>>
>> http://www.tortebomboniere.com/button01.html
>>
>> If I use Windows Internet Explorer, the whole area of button is clickable.
>> If I use Mozilla Firefox, only the link inside the area is clickable.
>>
>> Why? Is it possible change the codes to make clickable the whole area using
>> Mozilla?
>> Thanks
>> Paul

> That's not a button, it's a table. You *could* anchor the entire
> table, but that wouldn't be correct (works in my browser, but would
> probably break many others). That means placing <a href> and </a>
> outside the table.

Don't even suggest such a thing that is *so* invalid.

> You really should use CSS instead. Just Google out "css buttons" and
> you'll have all the info you need.

Agree, very simple example

<head>

<title>Better</title>

a.buttonized {
font: large bold, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
display: block; padding: 1em; border: 3px outset #555;
text-align: center; width: 12em;
background-image: url(http://www.orefelici.com/sfondi/sfondo41.jpg);
}

</head>
<a class="buttonized"
href="http://www.tortebomboniere.com/bomboniere/en-regole.html">Terms &
Conditions</a>

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Paul

"Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:6e37$47746144$40cba7cc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> zara wrote:
>> On Dec 27, 6:28 pm, "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> You really should use CSS instead. Just Google out "css buttons" and
>> you'll have all the info you need.

> Agree, very simple example

> <head>

Thank you very much. That code is very useful and I am going to use it
Paul