Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Next Sunbird release?

Next Sunbird release?

zeeeej

Has anybody heard when the next release of Sunbird is scheduled?

I'm an Outlook refugee; should I just switch to Calendar instead until
Sunbird is a bit more fully-formed?

Thanks,
Zac

zeeeej

OK - I think I got the answer to my Calendar question. Release date
question still stands though ...

If anyone's interested (from
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/):

"Sunbird is the standalone form of the calendar extension, which means
that it doesn't need one of the above mentioned applications to run.
Sunbird and Calendar use the same base code so their functionality is
virtually the same and they share the same bugs and bug fixes. "

Tom Allen

zeeeej wrote:
> OK - I think I got the answer to my Calendar question. Release date
> question still stands though ...
>
> If anyone's interested (from
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/):
>
> "Sunbird is the standalone form of the calendar extension, which means
> that it doesn't need one of the above mentioned applications to run.
> Sunbird and Calendar use the same base code so their functionality is
> virtually the same and they share the same bugs and bug fixes. "

I've used both Sunbird and Calendar, but I ended up going back to
Outlook because I synch everything with my Palm.

gwtc

zeeeej wrote:

> OK - I think I got the answer to my Calendar question. Release date
> question still stands though ...
>
> If anyone's interested (from
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/):
>
> "Sunbird is the standalone form of the calendar extension, which means
> that it doesn't need one of the above mentioned applications to run.
> Sunbird and Calendar use the same base code so their functionality is
> virtually the same and they share the same bugs and bug fixes. "

for your info, there is a newsgroup just for the calendar:

sunbird wish list bob@bobby.net Firefox 0 02-09-2005 04:30 AM
TB, Sunbird, and the dreaded Pocket PC - OpenSource help needed! Kneewax Firefox 1 10-13-2004 06:48 PM
sunbird question proudfeet Firefox 1 08-19-2004 06:40 AM
Sunbird? William W. Plummer Firefox 4 07-13-2004 11:56 PM

Advertisments