Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > SDTimes - Trends From 2007: "Dynamic languages are on the rise."

SDTimes - Trends From 2007: "Dynamic languages are on the rise."

walterbyrd

This according to SDTimes:

http://www.sdtimes.com/article/story-20071215-13.html

They don't specifically mention Python. But, I think Python qualifies
as a dynamic language.

"1. Dynamic languages are on the rise. We went into 2007 knowing that
Ruby would be a popular topic, thanks to Ruby on Rails, and that
JavaScript was resurgent, thanks to AJAX-based rich Internet
applications. However, we did not anticipate that there would be such
broad big-company support for dynamic languages--and there was, from
everyone from Microsoft to Sun, CodeGear to Eclipse. If you were
learning a new language in 2007, it wasn't Java or C#; it was a
dynamic language."

Browser trends DJ Craig HTML 21 04-03-2006 06:49 PM
Cisco 500-24 switch not showing trends edavid3001@gmail.com Cisco 2 11-09-2005 04:47 PM
Hot Trends in Browser Technology -- one topic at XTECH 2005 melledge XML 0 04-14-2005 06:08 PM
Trends in security code reviews? Bit Tamer Computer Security 2 02-01-2005 01:24 AM
Bob Bickel of JBoss discusses middleware trends (video: running time 6 minutes) Ken North Java 0 02-25-2004 10:56 PM

Advertisments