Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > A form of arithmetic based on source code

A form of arithmetic based on source code

Logan Lee

Jack Klein

On 27 Dec 2007 05:12:28 GMT, Logan Lee

> http://www.geocities.com/logan.lee30...urce_code.html

This is the first time I have looked at anything you linked to here.

Your page has nothing at all to do with the C language, and rather
looks like gibberish to me.

You seem to be either a troll or a person of relatively low IQ with an
overly high impression of yourself.

In either case, I suggest you leave this group and spare it your
nonsense.

I won't know either way, because...

*plonk*

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Malcolm McLean

"Jack Klein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Your page has nothing at all to do with the C language, and rather
> looks like gibberish to me.

It's either gibberish or genius that I don't understand.

The idea seems to be to extend some sort of formal notation to concatenation
and flow tree operations on C source code. I am not convinced that it
describes anything useful, but I'm not entirely sure of that.

--
Free games and programming goodies.
http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~bgy1mm

Richard Harter

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:22:06 -0000, "Malcolm McLean"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Jack Klein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Your page has nothing at all to do with the C language, and rather
>> looks like gibberish to me.
>>

>It's either gibberish or genius that I don't understand.

It's neither gibberish nor genius, though the term "arithmetic"
is misleading. It is a fragment of a reinvention of a theory of
formal grammars.

>The idea seems to be to extend some sort of formal notation to concatenation
>and flow tree operations on C source code. I am not convinced that it
>describes anything useful, but I'm not entirely sure of that.

It's incomplete; given enough work he could reinvent BNF. That's
useful, though the language and compiler groups might be more
appropriate.

Malcolm McLean

"Richard Harter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:22:06 -0000, "Malcolm McLean"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>It's either gibberish or genius that I don't understand.

> It's neither gibberish nor genius, though the term "arithmetic"
> is misleading. It is a fragment of a reinvention of a theory of
> formal grammars.
>
> It's incomplete; given enough work he could reinvent BNF. That's
> useful, though the language and compiler groups might be more
> appropriate.

So it is genius. Unfortunately it has been done before, and he hasn't got
all the way there yet. So no hall of fame yet for Logan Lee.

However next idea ...