Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't complete Spybot update

Can't complete Spybot update

DemoDisk

The newest Spybot update is in three parts totalling just over 1MB. Two
of the files downloaded ok, but the updated hijacker detections DB
(146K) keeps returning "Bad Checksum!!"

This happened once months ago, and I thought some malware was preventing
an update, but it worked after I rebooted. No luck this time, after
several hours & about six tries.

Is anyone else having trouble updating Spybot? FWIW, it was third on
the update list, after AVG and Spyware Blaster.

Thanks,
JPM

JANA

Try different update sources. You can see this option in the Spybot toolbar.
Sometimes they have problems to transfer their data from particular servers.

--

JANA
_____

"DemoDisk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

The newest Spybot update is in three parts totalling just over 1MB. Two
of the files downloaded ok, but the updated hijacker detections DB
(146K) keeps returning "Bad Checksum!!"

This happened once months ago, and I thought some malware was preventing
an update, but it worked after I rebooted. No luck this time, after
several hours & about six tries.

Is anyone else having trouble updating Spybot? FWIW, it was third on
the update list, after AVG and Spyware Blaster.

Thanks,
JPM

DemoDisk

"JANA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try different update sources. You can see this option in the Spybot

toolbar.
> Sometimes they have problems to transfer their data from particular

servers.

It worked (after the second attempt).

Thanks, I should have thought of that. I guess I panicked.

Plato

DemoDisk wrote:

> The newest Spybot update is in three parts totalling just over 1MB. Two
> of the files downloaded ok, but the updated hijacker detections DB
> (146K) keeps returning "Bad Checksum!!"

bad checksum generally means a bad .zip download. Try again.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

DemoDisk

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:4778870b$2$196$(E-Mail Removed)...
> DemoDisk wrote:
> >
> > The newest Spybot update is in three parts totalling just over 1MB.

Two
> > of the files downloaded ok, but the updated hijacker detections DB
> > (146K) keeps returning "Bad Checksum!!"

> bad checksum generally means a bad .zip download. Try again.

These were not .zip downloads, but thanks anyway, Plato. The file DL'ed
when I tried an alternate site. Maybe the file at the original site was
corrupted. <shrug>

JPM