Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Very cool fan

View Poll Results: Do you fancy a temperature display in your fan?
Sure, I'm an easy kind of person..... 2 40.00%
Only if they display the metric values 0 0%
Only if they display the English values 0 0%
Big Al for President 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Very cool fan

03-07-2006
Check out this Thermaltake fan: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...oducts_id=4179

Product Details:

Thermaltake Technology officially presents you the iFlash Mini fan – the fan that is visually stunning. The fan itself is an 80 x 80mm fan, spinning at 2,000RPM, and the noise level is only rated at 21dBA. The near-silent construction and operation featuring high-volume airflow enables any user to install the iFlash Mini onto either chassis or heatsinks.

Unlike the standard traditional fans, the iFlash Mini utilizes a streamline cover on top of the fan. When the fan is operating, the fan blades will be able to display the word “Thermaltake” and the current operating temperature. The fan will attract anyone that sees the computer system under its blue background glow. When the iFlash Mini is installed on a CPU heatsink, it will be able to display the temperature that is on top of the heatsink at the moment and the user will know whether the chassis cooling is adequate.

Thermaltake Technology’s iFlash Mini is greatly different from the standard LED fans on the market. The fan utilizes magnetic induction instead of direct current electricity. As a result, there are no friction that would cause excess heat, wear, and tear of the traditional LED fans. The longevity of the iFlash Mini is another demonstration of the effort Thermaltake Technology puts in to provide the highest-quality product users will be able to use in the market today.

*** NEW *** Thermaltake iFlash Mini 80mm LED Logo Case Fan - Sleeved
$18.95

Features:

* 80x80x25 Fan (2000RPM. 21dBA)
* Eight Red LED shining fantastic LOGO words
* Real-time environment temperature display
* Rotating and dancing “Thermaltake” Logo

03-08-2006
I noticed those the other day on XOxide. Yet, they are too pricey...

03-08-2006
If there was a way to interface to the ROM so you could program it with something like....hmmm...like.....I know, Big Al's Computers!....it would be worth twice as much. With my luck, they would add this feature but you would have to use assembly language.

03-09-2006
Thermaltake huh? Probably won't fit on most cases, only works in one direction, makes a lot of noise and produces heat instead of cool. Of course they just HAD to have the thing display their lame ass name on it, which makes it a definate NO in my book. I wouldn't be caught dead displaying thermalcrap's name.

03-09-2006
On the other hand, if it displayed "Modfather"....

03-09-2006
That'd be nice but, is it still a Thermaltake? If so I'd probably pass on it still.

03-09-2006
Lol see what i mean everything Made by thermaltake is crap. I am not saying that but Modfather is . If it was programmable, it would problably not be ASM but it would be using a connection interface such as Serial(COMPORT) or USB(Serial interface) or even as olde as parlell (old Printer sized ports)

03-10-2006
It'd be USB, no doubt. Nobody uses Serial or Parallel ports anymore. I do have a fan that does something similar to that though, it displays a skull when the fan rotates in a sort of LED looking thing, kinda cool looking.

03-10-2006
...so if this fan were made by Cooler Master, it might be cool looking too....

03-10-2006
Not if it had "Cooler Master" plastered on the side of it in lights, no, it wouldn't. I don't particularly go for that "NASCAR" look on my rigs. If they want me to advertise for them, well damnit, they need to pay ME not the other way around.