Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Very cool fan

View Poll Results: Do you fancy a temperature display in your fan?
Sure, I'm an easy kind of person..... 2 40.00%
Only if they display the metric values 0 0%
Only if they display the English values 0 0%
Big Al for President 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Very cool fan

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

Thats a good point Modfather, Thermaltake advertise on their products to much.. i cant use the ToughPower Because they stuck a big Picture with lumpyness on the side!

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Yep, they kill themselves by doing this too. They're trying to appeal to those of us in the modding world and forgetting that as modders, we want our stuff to look OUR WAY and not someone else's. So by slapping your name or logo all over a product you're in a sense, just going back to the days of beige boxes. Modders don't like that and won't support companies that do it. The first thing I normally do with anything I mod is remove any and all traces of existing product name placement, logos or writing. If I wanted to advertise for a company then I'd expect to be paid for it.

So while the fan is a cool idea, it's a poor implementation of it, and of course with it being Thermaltake it's quality is questionable.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

I just hope my thermaltake toughpower 550 doesn't blow, cause its the last 24pin i have

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Ouch, well that blows the big one. I might have a spare 24 pin around but I'd have to hunt.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

"...it's quality is questionable" Sounds like a QA engineer to me! I'm sure they can make decent stuff. It's only a matter of time.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

i have already gone through two PSU's that are same model, but the thing is they both died for different reason (in my mind) By the way anyone Looking at buying a Sunbeam Nuuo and u live in Australia, Think about gettting a UBER SUPER exact line filter if u want to use it for longer then 3 months. The Nuuo doesn't seem to like Jittery (220-235 VAC) It hates it with a passion!

PSU Death Count: 5 (Chance of increase: 60% +/- 2%, On increase)

I have already killed 2 Brand Newish 550 Watters, i have also killed a el cheapo 230 Watter and 1 old 130 watt AT, and i purpose kill an old 486 PSU!!

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Didn't you get a UPS for Christmas? Or was that something else? You go through PSU's like most people go through socks, it's embarassing, you really need to fix that power problem before you fry some more expensive parts.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

I'm not sure what he could be doing that would drive the PSU's insane. It must be some of his test methods. Or perhaps something else is failing, and he's blaming the PSU. It could be that Australian 220 V line voltage though. Maybe that's tougher on the circuitry.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

I think its the APFC Module, i dont think they are made for the instense Jitter!

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Is there a history of other electrical devices failing at your house, Unholy? Things like clock radios and such? Do you have an UPS connected to your computers - all of them? I have an UPS on all of my computers. It's like an insurance policy.