Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX 506e - how to verify vpn connections?

PIX 506e - how to verify vpn connections?

Mike Bailey

I have a pix 506e and use the PDM (the best I can) to manage it. Can
someone tell me how I can use the PDM to see what vpn connections are
established with the firewall. And, if someone is trying to make a
connection, and they are getting an error message of :

Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client.
Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding.

would there be any log or indication of what the problem might be on my
firewall?

Thanks,
Mike

Erik Tamminga

The PDM has a screen that displays active IPSec SA's and it's statistics.
This should be able to tell you what vpn's are active and what their status
is.

As for the error code. This error might be presented in different scenarios,
even so if the PIX is not reachable at all. If this is the case, the PIX log
will NOT show you anything about the attempt. Enable all logging options in
the VPN Client to find out what's the problem.

Regards,
Erik

news:440db47c$(E-Mail Removed)...