Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Netflix kills their "Releasing This Week" list

Netflix kills their "Releasing This Week" list

PapaBear

"Kuskokwim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1t020c77ps0x8.ujynooxj0lgq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 00:24:03 GMT, PapaBear wrote:
>
>> I've been using the Netflix "Releasing This Week" list for almost a year,
>> but couldn't access it on their website today.

> Try this:
> http://www.netflix.com/AllNewRelease...AllNewReleases
>
> Also Hacking Netflix - scroll down:
> http://www.hackingnetflix.com/

Thanks very much for the links and info.

The "AllNewReleases" link above is analogous to the former "Releasing This
Week" page on their website. It has the automatic popup movie descriptions
with ratings etc by hovering over a movie link, and it also organizes the
movies into categories/genres, which are both very important design features
for user friendliness. But it is obviously severely pruned. It only shows 14
releases for this week, whereas there were usually 50-100 (or so)
categorized new weekly releases on the former "Releasing This Week" page. If
they'll expand it (more listings), it will work OK. But why are they hiding
it? There seems to be no way to access it except by knowing the link
beforehand!?

I've looked at the Netflix RSS feeds now with Google Reader, and they suck.
They're just a sequential listing, uncategorized, no popup descriptions,
etc.

Kuskokwim

On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 08:25:58 GMT, PapaBear wrote:

> for user friendliness. But it is obviously severely pruned. It only shows 14
> releases for this week,

Probably because only 14 were released by the studios this week because of
the holidays. Usually it shows 80 - 100, or so.

foxtrot7

"Kuskokwim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:17ucram7x5yhb$.161pjltuimjzc$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 08:25:58 GMT, PapaBear wrote:
>> for user friendliness. But it is obviously severely pruned. It only shows
>> 14
>> releases for this week,

> Probably because only 14 were released by the studios this week because of
> the holidays. Usually it shows 80 - 100, or so.

are they going to keep the 'allnewreleases' link and update it in future
?