Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DvD Rips

DvD Rips

josh

Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer in a small
format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the computer so I
can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room broke.

Mark W

"josh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer in a small
> format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the computer so I
> can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room broke.

No, there is no such thing. People always seem to know someone who has heard
of these programs but then Big Oil comes and buys them out - or silences
them. I think it's an urban myth. If someone really did invent a program
that could do that, don't you think it would be, like, out there by now?

Netmask

"josh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer in a small
> format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the computer so I
> can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room broke.

First you need to decrypt the DVD using a variety of programs like
DVDDecrypter etc. Then once the DVD files are on your computer another free
program AutoGK will turn them into DiVX or Xvid files. - You get to choose
the size and quality.

alvey

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:05:01 -0800 (PST), josh wrote:

> Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer in a small
> format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the computer so I
> can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room broke.

Loads @ www.videohelp.com

alvey

smile

On Dec 26, 6:36 pm, alvey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:05:01 -0800 (PST), josh wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer in a small
> > format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the computer so I
> > can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room broke.

> Loads @www.videohelp.com
>
> alvey

I know Magic DVD Ripper can help you. You may have a try.

Happy New Year!

Jim

"josh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer in a small
> format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the computer so I
> can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room broke.

There are many and many and many but here is one I use

DVDFab Platinum - will decrypt any DVD you throw at it to xvid, divx etc etc
One program , one step Great tool

Also creates back ups of dvds

josh

On Dec 26, 9:48*am, "Jim" <jimmy AT hotmail.com> wrote:
> "josh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer in a small
> > format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the computer so I
> > can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room broke.

> There are many and many and many but here is one I use
>
> DVDFab Platinum - will decrypt any DVD you throw at it to xvid, divx etc etc
> One program , one step Great tool
>
> Also creates back ups of dvds

Thank you all for the information and sorry for the delay in response.
Whenever I get home from work today I will be trying out some of these
program you have mentioned and I hope to find one and a way that suits
me and my situation. Thank you all.

Bill's News

"josh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Dec 26, 9:48 am, "Jim" <jimmy AT hotmail.com> wrote:
> "josh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Does anyone know of a software to rip dvds to your computer
> > in a small
> > format such as AVI. I want to put some of my DvDs on the
> > computer so I
> > can watch from my computer because my DvD player in my room
> > broke.

> There are many and many and many but here is one I use
>
> DVDFab Platinum - will decrypt any DVD you throw at it to
> xvid, divx etc etc
> One program , one step Great tool
>
> Also creates back ups of dvds

Thank you all for the information and sorry for the delay in
response.
Whenever I get home from work today I will be trying out some of
these
program you have mentioned and I hope to find one and a way that
suits
me and my situation. Thank you all.

If you can rip it, you can play it. If this is just because
your DVD player is shot, why rip? Just play!