Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > creating a trust between 2 root forest domains

creating a trust between 2 root forest domains

vasco

I am not seeing a forest trust option to select. Can anyone assist me
with this?

To create this additional forest I followed all the text. Must be
something simple.

I selected create new domain, create new forest.. etc etc..

Was there something else I should have picked?

Cheers,

vasco

Instead it is being reported as an external trust.

Any help is very appreciated.

vasco wrote:
> I am not seeing a forest trust option to select. Can anyone assist me
> with this?
>
> To create this additional forest I followed all the text. Must be
> something simple.
>
> I selected create new domain, create new forest.. etc etc..
>
> Was there something else I should have picked?
>
> Cheers,

The Rev [MCT]

For a forest root trust both Forests must be in the Windows 2003 Forest
Functional Level

--
..rev.mct.mcngp.44

accepting it.
~Aristotle
..
"vasco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am not seeing a forest trust option to select. Can anyone assist me with
>this?
>
> To create this additional forest I followed all the text. Must be
> something simple.
>
> I selected create new domain, create new forest.. etc etc..
>
> Was there something else I should have picked?
>
> Cheers,

Wayne

"The Rev [MCT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For a forest root trust both Forests must be in the Windows 2003 Forest
> Functional Level
>
> --
> .rev.mct.mcngp.44

Mean, Rev Didn't you see the "deer in the headlights" stare of
incomprehension?

Wayne McGlinn
Brisbane, Oz
MCNGP Silver
MCP NT 3.51 + Win95

ps: should we tell him to look in Active Directory Domain and Trusts as a
hint?