Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > USB Headset recommendation

USB Headset recommendation

hammond

Can someone recommend me a good quality USB headset for use with VOIP.

(As far I'm concern MTAs Wifi phones are poor )

Graham.

> Can someone recommend me a good quality USB headset for use with VOIP.
>
> (As far I'm concern MTAs Wifi phones are poor )

I am not sure what you mean by MTAs.
I don't like wifi phones, if you want to go cordless
us an ATA (analogue telephone adapter) in conjunction
with a DECT phone.

A USB phone/headset is never going to be a satisfactory
equivalent to a traditional phone IMHO.

--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

kkm@w3.to

In article <fkobt5$7ok$(E-Mail Removed)>, Graham.
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>> Can someone recommend me a good quality USB headset for use with VOIP.
>>
>> (As far I'm concern MTAs Wifi phones are poor )

>I am not sure what you mean by MTAs.
>I don't like wifi phones, if you want to go cordless
>us an ATA (analogue telephone adapter) in conjunction
>with a DECT phone.
>
>A USB phone/headset is never going to be a satisfactory
>equivalent to a traditional phone IMHO.

Take a look at www.voipvoice.com they have a device called UConnect.
This device allows you to connect your DECT phone to a computer's USB
socket for use with products such as Skype.

There is also software called Vitaero which enables you to use Skype
with a bluetooth mobile phone headset which is good for hands free, as
long as your PC has bluetooth.

I only need VOIP for outgoing calls, so Skype's £1.50 a month service
giving you all UK geographic landline calls for a flat 3p regardless of
time of day or duration is pretty hard to beat. Of course, if I wanted a
VOIP incoming number, that would be expensive via Skype.

Kevin.

Iain

> I only need VOIP for outgoing calls, so Skype's £1.50 a month service
> giving you all UK geographic landline calls for a flat 3p regardless of
> time of day or duration is pretty hard to beat.

No, it isn't. It's quite easy to beat.