Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Do not want wrap around

Do not want wrap around

Dave Kelly

How do I keep the main division from wrapping around the navigation
division?

Go here to see my problem.
http://www.texasflyfishers.org/flytying/Receipe.html

TIA
Dave

rf

"Dave Kelly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I keep the main division from wrapping around the navigation
> division?
>
> Go here to see my problem.
> http://www.texasflyfishers.org/flytying/Receipe.html

Richard.

Dave Kelly

On Dec 24, 12:20 am, "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> 404

I get that a lot. If I can get the officers of the club to act I am
going to change servers.

Thanks for trying.
Dave

Blinky the Shark

rf wrote:

> "Dave Kelly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How do I keep the main division from wrapping around the navigation
>> division?
>>
>> Go here to see my problem.
>> http://www.texasflyfishers.org/flytying/Receipe.html

> 404

It's up now.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

dorayme

In article <XcIbj.27290$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Dave Kelly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How do I keep the main division from wrapping around the navigation
> > division?
> >
> > Go here to see my problem.
> > http://www.texasflyfishers.org/flytying/Receipe.html

> 404

I get it fine. But I feel I need to leave this one with you
Richard...

--
dorayme

Sean

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 22:10:27 -0800, Dave Kelly wrote:

> How do I keep the main division from wrapping around the navigation
> division?
>
> Go here to see my problem.
> http://www.texasflyfishers.org/flytying/Receipe.html
>
> TIA
> Dave

I would specify a static width of you nav div and set the nav's height to
100%.

#navigation {
width: 200px;
height: 100%;
}

Now you have a constant width going down the entire page.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 24 Dec 2007 07:40:05
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

> rf wrote:
>

>> "Dave Kelly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>>> How do I keep the main division from wrapping around the navigation
>>> division?
>>>
>>> Go here to see my problem.
>>> http://www.texasflyfishers.org/flytying/Receipe.html

>> 404

> It's up now.

Mine, too.

--
Neredbojias
Riches are their own reward.

Jonathan N. Little

Dave Kelly wrote:
> How do I keep the main division from wrapping around the navigation
> division?
>
> Go here to see my problem.
> http://www.texasflyfishers.org/flytying/Receipe.html

Thai is how floats are *supposed* to work where the non-floated content
flows around the float.

You could increase your left margin on the content you want to offset.

#centercol {
position:relative;
padding:0 20px;
margin-left:220px <-- Add this