Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Text properties on desktop

Text properties on desktop

Mac

Hi

Probably a forlorn hope but I was wondering if it is possible to change
the text font and colour of file names saved on the desktop?
For example if I want to save a Word or Notepad file (or Excel,etc.) to
the desktop could I change the name to show up in a different colour or
font?
Perhaps there is some software to do this?

Thanks and regards

Mac

richard

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:17:09 +0000, Mac <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Probably a forlorn hope but I was wondering if it is possible to change
>the text font and colour of file names saved on the desktop?
>For example if I want to save a Word or Notepad file (or Excel,etc.) to
>the desktop could I change the name to show up in a different colour or
>font?
>Perhaps there is some software to do this?
>
>Thanks and regards
>
>Mac

In windows the only change you can make is globally.
That is, change one, change them all.

You might be able to do it in the registry, but if you don't know how
that works, stay out of it.

Problem with 3rd party stuff is, they only work when the program is
running. Unless you can find one that sets the registry properly.

http://www.bluechillies.com/list/cha...con-color.html

Just one source I found googling.

Mac

Richard wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:17:09 +0000, Mac <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Probably a forlorn hope but I was wondering if it is possible to change
>> the text font and colour of file names saved on the desktop?
>> For example if I want to save a Word or Notepad file (or Excel,etc.) to
>> the desktop could I change the name to show up in a different colour or
>> font?
>> Perhaps there is some software to do this?
>>
>> Thanks and regards
>>
>> Mac

> In windows the only change you can make is globally.
> That is, change one, change them all.
>
> You might be able to do it in the registry, but if you don't know how
> that works, stay out of it.
>
> Problem with 3rd party stuff is, they only work when the program is
> running. Unless you can find one that sets the registry properly.
>
> http://www.bluechillies.com/list/cha...con-color.html
>
> Just one source I found googling.

Thanks Richard

Not quite what I was looking for. I don't mind hacking the registry (I
always back it up first of course!) but not sure which key to look for.
It's not the folders I wish to change just the colour of the text.

Cheers

Mac

chuckcar

Mac <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.com> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi
>
> Probably a forlorn hope but I was wondering if it is possible to
> change the text font and colour of file names saved on the desktop?
> For example if I want to save a Word or Notepad file (or Excel,etc.)
> to the desktop could I change the name to show up in a different
> colour or font?
> Perhaps there is some software to do this?
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> Mac

Right click on a blank part of your desktop, left click on properties.
click on the tab marked appearance, click the dropdown labelled Item,
click on "Icon" and change what you want. Note this changes the
background *and* forground. You do *not* want to change the size beside
Icon as opposed to font and this (naturally) will change the size of the
picture.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

dadiOH

Mac wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:17:09 +0000, Mac <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Probably a forlorn hope but I was wondering if it is possible to
>>> change the text font and colour of file names saved on the
>>> desktop?
>>> For example if I want to save a Word or Notepad file (or
>>> Excel,etc.) to the desktop could I change the name to show up in
>>> a different colour or font?
>>> Perhaps there is some software to do this?
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards
>>>
>>> Mac

>> In windows the only change you can make is globally.
>> That is, change one, change them all.
>>
>> You might be able to do it in the registry, but if you don't know
>> how that works, stay out of it.
>>
>> Problem with 3rd party stuff is, they only work when the program is
>> running. Unless you can find one that sets the registry properly.
>>
>> http://www.bluechillies.com/list/cha...con-color.html
>>
>> Just one source I found googling.

> Thanks Richard
>
> Not quite what I was looking for. I don't mind hacking the registry
> (I always back it up first of course!) but not sure which key to
> look for. It's not the folders I wish to change just the colour of
> the text.

That would be program specific. Numerous word processing programs let
you change the default text color but any such change is confined to
that particular program.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...