Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Slightly OT Request

Slightly OT Request

Andrew Bullock

Hi,

Whenever I visit http://www.radio1.gr, my screen goes black the mouse
is still visible, and as i move the mouse around, the cursor changes
depending on what I am over.

I appreciate that this may not be a firefox issue, but could someone
have a look of the source of the site, and see if there's some embedded
resource (possibly java) causing this strange issue?

Thanks,

Andrew

gwtc

Andrew Bullock wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Whenever I visit http://www.radio1.gr, my screen goes black the mouse
> is still visible, and as i move the mouse around, the cursor changes
> depending on what I am over.
>
> I appreciate that this may not be a firefox issue, but could someone
> have a look of the source of the site, and see if there's some embedded
> resource (possibly java) causing this strange issue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew

nope, the page looks fine to me. Try their home page:
http://www.radio1.gr/home.htm

Andrew Bullock

gwtc wrote:
> Andrew Bullock wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Whenever I visit http://www.radio1.gr, my screen goes black the
>> mouse is still visible, and as i move the mouse around, the cursor
>> changes depending on what I am over.
>>
>> I appreciate that this may not be a firefox issue, but could someone
>> have a look of the source of the site, and see if there's some
>> embedded resource (possibly java) causing this strange issue?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andrew

> nope, the page looks fine to me. Try their home page:
> http://www.radio1.gr/home.htm

Yeah it still does is, as do all of its sub pages that i can find
through google.

Can you post the page contents so i can have a look please?

Thanks

Andrew

gwtc

Andrew Bullock wrote:
> gwtc wrote:
>
>>Andrew Bullock wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Whenever I visit http://www.radio1.gr, my screen goes black the
>>>mouse is still visible, and as i move the mouse around, the cursor
>>>changes depending on what I am over.
>>>
>>>I appreciate that this may not be a firefox issue, but could someone
>>>have a look of the source of the site, and see if there's some
>>>embedded resource (possibly java) causing this strange issue?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Andrew

>>nope, the page looks fine to me. Try their home page:
>>http://www.radio1.gr/home.htm

> Yeah it still does is, as do all of its sub pages that i can find
> through google.
>
> Can you post the page contents so i can have a look please?
>

> Thanks
>
> Andrew

try looking at your colours. Do you have "allow pages to choose their
own colours, instead of my selections above" checked.

I've save the pics here.

The first 2 are from your first link and the last two are from my
page. NOTE: I use a large resolutions thats why the images are big.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5803/15lg.jpg
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3968/1a0gs.jpg
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7412/24lm.jpg
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1233/2a6bm.jpg

Andrew Bullock

It was bloody java all along. I hate java so much.

I cant even uninstall it, because running the unwise causes the same
problem!!!!

Andrew