Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Connected to Wireless Network but not internet

Connected to Wireless Network but not internet

BarryJBrooks

Hi,

I have a Home network set up with the router ethernet cabled into a windows
XP PC. I've added a couple of laptops wirelessly to the network (that use XP)
easily and never had a problem. I've just bought an HP G6032EA laptop that
runs VISTA and although it connects to the wireless network it won't connect
to the internet. The error I get is "There may be a problem with your Domain
Name Server (DNS) configuration". The security is WPA enabled if that's
relevant.

I've searched all yesterday and can't find a solution and as this laptop is
a Christmas present for my daughter I'd be really grateful if someone could
help me with an answer.

Thanks so much

Barb Bowman

Please post the text output of