Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Blade Runner high definition

Blade Runner high definition

Kuskokwim

Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.

This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
sound are absolutely superb.

T.B.

"Kuskokwim" wrote:

> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
>
> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
> sound are absolutely superb.

I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final cut"
is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner Bros
packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has a
pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.

T.B.

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:41:06 -0800, "T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Kuskokwim" wrote:
>
>> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
>>
>> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
>> sound are absolutely superb.

>I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final cut"
>is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner Bros
>packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
>rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has a
>pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
>
>T.B.

You probably should have bought the ultimate collection then.

The case has nothing to do with it. It is the idiots that put the
discs in the package. There is no way for the read surface to get
touched if it is on its hub correctly. If you bought it online, the
handling between warehouse and your door is probably the culprit.

I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

Kuskokwim

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:41:06 -0800, T.B. wrote:

> "Kuskokwim" wrote:
>
>> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
>>
>> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
>> sound are absolutely superb.

> I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final cut"
> is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner Bros
> packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
> rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has a
> pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
>
> T.B.

Disk 5 was rattling around in mine, but it wasn't damaged.

Kuskokwim

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:07:38 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:

> I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
> purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
> condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

Oh!! Aren't you special.

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:39:14 -0800, Kuskokwim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:07:38 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
>
>> I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
>> purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
>> condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

>Oh!! Aren't you special.

More so than a retarded, one liner dope like you, that is for certain.

T.B.

"ChairmanOfTheBored" wrote:

(snip)

>>I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final
>>cut"
>>is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner
>>Bros
>>packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
>>rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has
>>pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
>>
>>T.B.

> You probably should have bought the ultimate collection then.

That's the one in the metal suitcase, right? Are the discs packaged in that
case in something different than the light blue plastic slipcase? If so, I
thought about picking it up but I really don't want anything other than the
discs themselves and as it turned out, I didn't see the suitcase version at
any retailer I happened to go to this week.

T.B.

Sterculius

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:41:06 -0800, "T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>"Kuskokwim" wrote:
>>
>>> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
>>>
>>> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
>>> sound are absolutely superb.

>>I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final cut"
>>is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner Bros
>>packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
>>rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has a
>>pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
>>
>>T.B.

> You probably should have bought the ultimate collection then.
>

> The case has nothing to do with it. It is the idiots that put the
>discs in the package. There is no way for the read surface to get
>touched if it is on its hub correctly. If you bought it online, the
>handling between warehouse and your door is probably the culprit.
>
> I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
>purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
>condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

Wow! I'm glad we have someone on here as ****ing smart as
you are. I'm quite sure that over 100,000 copies of a DVD
release are packaged by "idiots that put the disc in the
package". I guess a large corporation like Warner probably
wouldn't think to use an automated assembly line for
pressing and packaging DVD's. Also, I'll bet "the handling
between warehouse and your door" is vastly different than
the handling between a warehouse and the retailer.

By the way, changing your username on here every 6 months
doesn't fool anybody in this group.

You should change it back to Roy L. ****s.

Richard C.

"ChairmanOfTheBored" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:41:06 -0800, "T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>"Kuskokwim" wrote:
>>
>>> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
>>>
>>> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture
>>> and
>>> sound are absolutely superb.

>>I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final
>>cut"
>>is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner
>>Bros
>>packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
>>rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has
>>pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
>>
>>T.B.

> You probably should have bought the ultimate collection then.
>

> The case has nothing to do with it. It is the idiots that put the
> discs in the package. There is no way for the read surface to get
> touched if it is on its hub correctly. If you bought it online, the
> handling between warehouse and your door is probably the culprit.
>
> I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
> purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
> condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

You are soooooo kewl!

Richard C.

"Sterculius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> You should change it back to Roy L. ****s.

Or dark matter...................