Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Doubt on Device Driver ?

Doubt on Device Driver ?

P Shetty

Hi to All,

In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
..exe file in to the Kernel ?

Joe Wright

P Shetty wrote:
> Hi to All,
>
> In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
> .exe file in to the Kernel ?

Why do you ask in comp.lang.c?

--
Joe Wright
--- Albert Einstein ---

Kaz Kylheku

On Dec 22, 2:47*pm, P Shetty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi to All,
>
> In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
> .exe file in to the Kernel ?

Where in your Linux system do you see any .exe files?

Richard Heathfield

Kaz Kylheku said:

> On Dec 22, 2:47 pm, P Shetty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi to All,
>>
>> In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
>> .exe file in to the Kernel ?

> Where in your Linux system do you see any .exe files?

I just did a find -name \*.exe | wc -l and found no fewer than 106 .exe
files on my system.

(Just don't ask. I don't know either!)

Email: -http://www. +rjh@

Walter Roberson

In article <fkk469$vfd$(E-Mail Removed)>, P Shetty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
>.exe file in to the Kernel ?

What is this, a semi-regular troll?

http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.l...effda0c8d6c797
(exact same question in 2005)

http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.l...967ea2868e4c63
(exact same question Sept 16 2007, with many responses obviously
not learned from)
--
"History is a pile of debris" -- Laurie Anderson

Gordon Burditt

>> In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
>> .exe file in to the Kernel ?

>Where in your Linux system do you see any .exe files?

In the mail spool virus quarantine area?

Chris McDonald

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) writes:

>In article <fkk469$vfd$(E-Mail Removed)>, P Shetty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
>>.exe file in to the Kernel ?

>What is this, a semi-regular troll?

>http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.l...effda0c8d6c797
>(exact same question in 2005)

>http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.l...967ea2868e4c63
>(exact same question Sept 16 2007, with many responses obviously
>not learned from)

Perhaps the same homework question in an Indian university?

--
Chris.

Walter Roberson

In article <fkl3qp$4lh$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Chris McDonald <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>(E-Mail Removed)-cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) writes:
>
>>In article <fkk469$vfd$(E-Mail Removed)>, P Shetty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
>>>.exe file in to the Kernel ?

>>What is this, a semi-regular troll?

>>http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.l...effda0c8d6c797
>>(exact same question in 2005)

>>http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.l...967ea2868e4c63
>>(exact same question Sept 16 2007, with many responses obviously
>>not learned from)

>Perhaps the same homework question in an Indian university?

Same poster name in each case, Pravin Shetty (P Shetty)
--
"History is a pile of debris" -- Laurie Anderson

Randy Howard

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 12:11:10 -0600, Walter Roberson wrote
(in article <fkm8bu$mcs$(E-Mail Removed)>):

> In article <fkl3qp$4lh$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Chris McDonald <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed)-cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) writes:

>>> What is this, a semi-regular troll?

>>> http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.l...effda0c8d6c797
>>> (exact same question in 2005)

>>> http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.l...967ea2868e4c63
>>> (exact same question Sept 16 2007, with many responses obviously
>>> not learned from)

>> Perhaps the same homework question in an Indian university?

> Same poster name in each case, Pravin Shetty (P Shetty)

He's been confused over the same silly question for years, so we can
safely assume he is either a CS professor, or a pointy-haired manager.

--
Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)