Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Update or Router?

Update or Router?

=?Utf-8?B?SnVzdGluODg=?=

I have been using online checking for about 3 years and have been using my
router and RoadRunner cable internet for about a year. Everything has worked
fine until two weeks ago when the secure part of the website wouldn't open.
All of this is leading me to believe it is a new upgrade from Microsoft
blocking something in my router but I am uncertain.

Should I contact the online checking company to see what ports they use then
contact my ISP to see if that port is being blocked by anything?

Robert Jacobs

Actually, just tell your firewall to allow secure connections and you wont
have to worry about it again.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Windows can not make changes or block your Router.
> Try to switch off Windows Firewall when you are using the checking service
> and see if it helps.
> Do not forget to switch On when you are done.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "Justin88" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have been using online checking for about 3 years and have been using
>> my
>> router and RoadRunner cable internet for about a year. Everything has

> worked
>> fine until two weeks ago when the secure part of the website wouldn't

> open.
>> All of this is leading me to believe it is a new upgrade from Microsoft
>> blocking something in my router but I am uncertain.
>>
>> Should I contact the online checking company to see what ports they use

> then
>> contact my ISP to see if that port is being blocked by anything?

Jack