Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital Picture Frames

Digital Picture Frames

Ray Paseur

Digital picture frames are apparently flying off the store shelves. Does
anyone in the group have experience with these? What make/models have you
tried and really liked? Thanks, ~Ray

stu7seven@gmail.com

On Dec 21, 9:25*am, Ray Paseur <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Digital picture frames are apparently flying off the store shelves. *Does
> anyone in the group have experience with these? *What make/models have you
> tried and really liked? *Thanks, ~Ray

ummm... I have seen these in the camera stores here... very nice
looking
picture display, and the ones Ive seen have slideshow feature. My
only
problem with these is price... the small one - 5x7 - was more than
$80...
the larger sizes not too much more, but still way over $100... so...
another
nice item if you have some money.

~^ beancounter ~^

yea, i agree on the pricing....wayyyy to high...i will wait a year or
so and get one when the prices fall 50% or more...

On Dec 21, 7:46*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Dec 21, 9:25*am, Ray Paseur <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> > Digital picture frames are apparently flying off the store shelves. *Does
> > anyone in the group have experience with these? *What make/models have you
> > tried and really liked? *Thanks, ~Ray

> ummm... I have seen these in the camera stores here... very nice
> looking
> picture display, and the ones Ive seen have slideshow feature. *My
> only
> problem with these is price... the small one - 5x7 - was more than
> $80...
> the larger sizes not too much more, but still way over $100... so...
> another
> nice item if you have some money.

ransley

On Dec 22, 10:39*am, "~^ beancounter ~^" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> yea, i agree on the pricing....wayyyy *to high...i will wait a year or
> so and get one when the prices fall 50% or more...
>
> On Dec 21, 7:46*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

> > On Dec 21, 9:25*am, Ray Paseur <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> > > Digital picture frames are apparently flying off the store shelves. *Does
> > > anyone in the group have experience with these? *What make/models have you
> > > tried and really liked? *Thanks, ~Ray

> > ummm... I have seen these in the camera stores here... very nice
> > looking
> > picture display, and the ones Ive seen have slideshow feature. *My
> > only
> > problem with these is price... the small one - 5x7 - was more than
> > $80...
> > the larger sizes not too much more, but still way over $100... so...
> > another
> > nice item if you have some money.- Hide quoted text -

Consumer reports rated them recently, the big name brands are not the
best it seems,

ransley

On Dec 22, 11:34*am, ransley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Dec 22, 10:39*am, "~^ beancounter ~^" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> > yea, i agree on the pricing....wayyyy *to high...i will wait a year or
> > so and get one when the prices fall 50% or more...

> > On Dec 21, 7:46*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> > > ummm... I have seen these in the camera stores here... very nice
> > > looking
> > > picture display, and the ones Ive seen have slideshow feature. *My
> > > only
> > > problem with these is price... the small one - 5x7 - was more than
> > > $80...
> > > the larger sizes not too much more, but still way over $100... so...
> > > another
> > > nice item if you have some money.- Hide quoted text -

> Consumer reports rated them recently, the big name brands are not the
> best it seems,- Hide quoted text -

Here are consumer reports ratings from best to worst. Smartparts spx8.
Parrot. Phillips. Ceiva. Westinghouse. Pandigital. Kodak. Mustek.
Audiovox. Digitalspectrum and Polaroid

Mr. Strat

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
ransley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Consumer reports rated them recently, the big name brands are not the
> best it seems,

And Consumer Reports is the world's foremost authority...

Ron Hunter

~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:
> yea, i agree on the pricing....wayyyy to high...i will wait a year or
> so and get one when the prices fall 50% or more...
>
> On Dec 21, 7:46 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

I saw a 15 inch one yesterday for $300. That is quite large, and the
resolution was 1024x768. Essentially, this was a laptop computer
display in the digital frame. I agree that the cost is WAY too high as
one can purchase a whole laptop computer for only $450. I expect the
price to fall by this time next year. Then I might get a better frame
than the one I got for Christmas last year, which continues to perform
well, even if the programmer of it was a total idiot, and the user
interface was designed by a sadist.