Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Is it possible to embed SWT widget in a Swing application?

Is it possible to embed SWT widget in a Swing application?

Ryan

I have seen tons of info on embedding Swing components in SWT apps,
but not the other way around.

Zig

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 02:30:29 -0500, Ryan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have seen tons of info on embedding Swing components in SWT apps,
> but not the other way around.

Take a look at

org.eclipse.swt.awt.SWT_AWT.new_Shell(Display, Canvas)

I've never tried it, but in theory that should allow you to use it. My
experience with the SWT_AWT class (from eclipse 3.1) was that it was a bit
flakey (spurious exceptions, some screen refreshes don't paint right, and
the window manager occassionally shows windows open for each component).
It's good for temporarily integrating modules from the two toolkits, but
you will probably do yourself a big service in porting your code into one
toolkit.

HTH,

-Zig