Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird

Thunderbird

Dan C

Is there a comparable about:config for TB as there is in
FF? How do you get to it, if so?

What I want to do in TB is change configuration so that
when a link in an email is clicked on, it turns to another
color.

TIA
Dan

Leonidas Jones

Dan C wrote:
> Is there a comparable about:config for TB as there is in FF? How do you
> get to it, if so?
>
> What I want to do in TB is change configuration so that when a link in
> an email is clicked on, it turns to another color.
>

> TIA
> Dan

Tools>>Account Settings>>Advanced

Click the Config Editor button.

Lee

Dan C

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Dan C wrote:
>> Is there a comparable about:config for TB as there is in FF? How do
>> you get to it, if so?
>>
>> What I want to do in TB is change configuration so that when a link in
>> an email is clicked on, it turns to another color.
>>

>> TIA
>> Dan

> Tools>>Account Settings>>Advanced
>
> Click the Config Editor button.
>
> Lee

Lee,

Maybe I am just dense, but I see nothing in Tools>>Account
Settings>>Advanced addressing what I am asking about. The
advanced frame is configuring where to put new mail.

What I want to do in TB is change configuration so that
when a link in
an email is clicked on, it turns to another color.

Can this even be done?

Dan

Leonidas Jones

Dan C wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Dan C wrote:
>>> Is there a comparable about:config for TB as there is in FF? How do
>>> you get to it, if so?
>>>
>>> What I want to do in TB is change configuration so that when a link
>>> in an email is clicked on, it turns to another color.
>>>

>>> TIA
>>> Dan

>> Tools>>Account Settings>>Advanced
>>
>> Click the Config Editor button.
>>
>> Lee

> Lee,
>
> Maybe I am just dense, but I see nothing in Tools>>Account
> Settings>>Advanced addressing what I am asking about. The advanced
> frame is configuring where to put new mail.
>
> What I want to do in TB is change configuration so that when a link in
> an email is clicked on, it turns to another color.
>
> Can this even be done?
>
> Dan

I am so sorry, I was reading and typing very quickly while on a break at
school. Let me try again.

Tools>>Options>>Advanced

On the General Tab, at the lower right there is a Config Editor button.

Lee

--
Leonidas Jones, Netscape/Mozilla Champion
The Champs: http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org

Dan C

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Dan C wrote:

>>> Tools>>Account Settings>>Advanced
>>>
>>> Click the Config Editor button.
>>>
>>> Lee

>> Lee,
>>
>> Maybe I am just dense, but I see nothing in Tools>>Account
>> Settings>>Advanced addressing what I am asking about. The advanced
>> frame is configuring where to put new mail.
>>
>> What I want to do in TB is change configuration so that when a link in
>> an email is clicked on, it turns to another color.
>>
>> Can this even be done?
>>
>> Dan

> I am so sorry, I was reading and typing very quickly while on a break at
> school. Let me try again.
>
> Tools>>Options>>Advanced
>
> On the General Tab, at the lower right there is a Config Editor button.
>
> Lee

Thanks, got it. But I do not recognize what needs to be
changed to have embedded link in an email to have link
change color, like it does in FF.

Dan

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Dan C wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Dan C wrote:

>>> Lee,
>>>
>>> Maybe I am just dense, but I see nothing in Tools>>Account
>>> Settings>>Advanced addressing what I am asking about. The advanced
>>> frame is configuring where to put new mail.
>>>
>>> What I want to do in TB is change configuration so that when a link in
>>> an email is clicked on, it turns to another color.
>>>
>>> Can this even be done?
>>>
>>> Dan

>> I am so sorry, I was reading and typing very quickly while on a break at
>> school. Let me try again.
>>
>> Tools>>Options>>Advanced
>>
>> On the General Tab, at the lower right there is a Config Editor button.
>>
>> Lee
>>

> Thanks, got it. But I do not recognize what needs to be
> changed to have embedded link in an email to have link
> change color, like it does in FF.
>
> Dan

look for:

link_color

There should be three settings that may need to be changed.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Mozmail vs. Thunderbird... Axl Firefox 5 08-19-2003 07:29 PM
Thunderbird Bryce Hardy Firefox 1 08-12-2003 03:19 PM
Linking Firebird / Thunderbird jimm67(nospam) Firefox 0 07-06-2003 01:46 PM

Advertisments