Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Blockbuster raising price on Total Access

Reply
Thread Tools

Blockbuster raising price on Total Access

 
 
sanpablo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-21-2007
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:24:40 GMT, "PapaBear" <(E-Mail Removed)2x>
wrote:

>"Irulan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Kishin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I got this in an e-mail from Blockbuster:
>>>
>>> To continue to bring you the unmatched convenience of both online and
>>> in-store DVD rentals, your monthly subscription fee will change from
>>> $24.99 to $34.99. This adjustment will go into effect on your next
>>> billing cycle on or after December 27, 2007. The benefits of your
>>> subscription plan will remain the same.
>>>
>>> How much does that suck? I hope a lot of people cancel their service.
>>>
>>> Kishin!

>>
>> I changed my subscription to the 1 at a time unlimited both mail and
>> in-store. However, if they raise the price $10 like they did the 3
>> at a time deal I will cancel and just do mailing in. You're right,
>> it sucks.

>
>I've received no such email, and the prices haven't changed at their
>website. So this is possibly a false issue...
>

My e-mail from them said my price is increasing from $17.99 to $19.99

for the 3-out, 5 in-store a month exchange.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
sed
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-22-2007

"Kishin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I got this in an e-mail from Blockbuster:
>
> To continue to bring you the unmatched convenience of both online and
> in-store DVD rentals, your monthly subscription fee will change from
> $24.99 to $34.99. This adjustment will go into effect on your next
> billing cycle on or after December 27, 2007. The benefits of your
> subscription plan will remain the same.
>
> How much does that suck? I hope a lot of people cancel their service.
>
> Kishin!


Good bye, Blockbuster.

One article I read it was quoted they needed a good return on the service.

Should their profitability be my problem!?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mark Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-22-2007
sed wrote:
> "Kishin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I got this in an e-mail from Blockbuster:
>>
>> To continue to bring you the unmatched convenience of both online and
>> in-store DVD rentals, your monthly subscription fee will change from
>> $24.99 to $34.99. This adjustment will go into effect on your next
>> billing cycle on or after December 27, 2007. The benefits of your
>> subscription plan will remain the same.
>>
>> How much does that suck? I hope a lot of people cancel their service.
>>
>> Kishin!

>
> Good bye, Blockbuster.
>
> One article I read it was quoted they needed a good return on the
> service.
>
> Should their profitability be my problem!?


Has there been any indication of a change in the price of the
in-store only plan? Right now it is $29.99 plus tax for me and
I would hate to see it go up again. I would pay the increase
because is still a lot cheaper than regular rentals or buying
the movies.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Foobar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2008
On Dec 22 2007, 8:47*am, "Mark Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> sed wrote:
> > "Kishin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)....
>
>
>
>
>
> >> I got this in an e-mail fromBlockbuster:

>
> >> To continue to bring you the unmatched convenience of both online and
> >> in-store DVD rentals, your monthly subscription fee will change from
> >> $24.99 to $34.99. This adjustment will go into effect on your next
> >> billing cycle on or after December 27, 2007. The benefits of your
> >> subscription plan will remain the same.

>
> >> How much does that suck? I hope a lot of people cancel their service.

>
> >> Kishin!

>
> > Good bye,Blockbuster.

>
> > One article I read it was quoted they needed a good return on the
> > service.

>
> > Should their profitability be my problem!?

>
> Has there been any indication of a change in the price of the
> in-store only plan? Right now it is $29.99 plus tax for me and
> I would hate to see it go up again. I would pay the increase
> because is still a lot cheaper than regular rentals or buying
> the movies.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


Hmm. My new rate is 19.99 per month, 3 movies at a time and unlimited
in-store exchanges.

However, BB has a software bug.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Foobar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2008
On Dec 22 2007, 8:47*am, "Mark Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> sed wrote:
> > "Kishin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)....
>
>
>
>
>
> >> I got this in an e-mail fromBlockbuster:

>
> >> To continue to bring you the unmatched convenience of both online and
> >> in-store DVD rentals, your monthly subscription fee will change from
> >> $24.99 to $34.99. This adjustment will go into effect on your next
> >> billing cycle on or after December 27, 2007. The benefits of your
> >> subscription plan will remain the same.

>
> >> How much does that suck? I hope a lot of people cancel their service.

>
> >> Kishin!

>
> > Good bye,Blockbuster.

>
> > One article I read it was quoted they needed a good return on the
> > service.

>
> > Should their profitability be my problem!?

>
> Has there been any indication of a change in the price of the
> in-store only plan? Right now it is $29.99 plus tax for me and
> I would hate to see it go up again. I would pay the increase
> because is still a lot cheaper than regular rentals or buying
> the movies.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


Hmm. My new rate is 19.99 per month, 3 movies at a time and unlimited
in-store exchanges.

However, BB has a software bug.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Foobar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2008
On Dec 21 2007, 1:35*pm, (E-Mail Removed) (sanpablo) wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:24:40 GMT, "PapaBear" <(E-Mail Removed)2x>
> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> >"Irulan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>
> >> "Kishin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>news:(E-Mail Removed)....
> >>>I got this in an e-mail fromBlockbuster:

>
> >>> To continue to bring you the unmatched convenience of both online and
> >>> in-store DVD rentals, your monthly subscription fee will change from
> >>> $24.99 to $34.99. This adjustment will go into effect on your next
> >>> billing cycle on or after December 27, 2007. The benefits of your
> >>> subscription plan will remain the same.

>
> >>> How much does that suck? I hope a lot of people cancel their service.

>
> >>> Kishin!

>
> >> I changed my subscription to the 1 at a time unlimited both mail and
> >> in-store. However, if they raise the price $10 like they did the 3
> >> at a time deal I will cancel and just do mailing in. You're right,
> >> it sucks.

>
> >I've received no such email, and the prices haven't changed at their
> >website. So this is possibly a false issue...

>
> *My e-mail from them said my price is increasing from $17.99 to $19.99
>
> for the 3-out,5in-store a month exchange.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


It's still a good deal at 19.99. If you really want to, you can
exchange more than 5 movies a month. Just return the online rentals
with a different BB account, such as a spouse.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Foobar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2008
On Dec 20 2007, 2:07*pm, Kishin <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> I got this in an e-mail from Blockbuster:
>
> To continue to bring you the unmatched convenience of both online and
> in-store DVD rentals, your monthly subscription fee will change from
> $24.99 to $34.99. This adjustment will go into effect on your next
> billing cycle on or after December 27, 2007. The benefits of your
> subscription plan will remain the same.
>
> How much does that suck? I hope a lot of people cancel their service.
>
> Kishin!


I put BB to the test this month. My rate is 19.99 plus taxes per
month. After 3 weeks I have either received or exchanged 23 movies,
not counting the 3 I received yesterday and have not yet exchenged.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Phisherman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2008
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:54:16 -0800 (PST), Foobar
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Dec 20 2007, 2:07*pm, Kishin <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>> I got this in an e-mail from Blockbuster:
>>
>> To continue to bring you the unmatched convenience of both online and
>> in-store DVD rentals, your monthly subscription fee will change from
>> $24.99 to $34.99. This adjustment will go into effect on your next
>> billing cycle on or after December 27, 2007. The benefits of your
>> subscription plan will remain the same.
>>
>> How much does that suck? I hope a lot of people cancel their service.
>>
>> Kishin!

>
>I put BB to the test this month. My rate is 19.99 plus taxes per
>month. After 3 weeks I have either received or exchanged 23 movies,
>not counting the 3 I received yesterday and have not yet exchenged.


Cancel them! Rent DVDs from Redbox.com locally for $1 per day.
Occasionally I get a $1.99 coupon from Blockbuster for any DVD in the
store. Blockbuster used to have 99-cent coupons, but no more.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blockbuster Online Total Access 4 Weeks Free! cscottscobra@cs.com DVD Video 1 12-12-2006 12:33 AM
Blockbuster Total Access - 4 Weeks Free - Promo Code : 1969ta softwaredeveloper DVD Video 12 12-06-2006 04:49 PM
Blockbuster Total Access - horrible service! wookie@nowhere.com DVD Video 2 12-01-2006 04:21 PM
Blockbuster Total Access - 4 Weeks Free - Promotion Code : 1969ta tinmansmart@gmail.com DVD Video 1 11-26-2006 04:21 AM
Blockbuster Total Access - Promo Code : 1958ta weikys@gmail.com DVD Video 0 11-22-2006 02:36 AM



Advertisments