Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OT: free blog hosting and s/w, exist?

OT: free blog hosting and s/w, exist?

Mike Scirocco

My neighbor wants me to set up a blog for him, are there free blog
hosting sites that he can simply link his site to that don't require me
to know PHP? I know some ASP but haven't learned PHP yet.

Mike Scirocco

Mike Scirocco wrote:
> My neighbor wants me to set up a blog for him, are there free blog
> hosting sites that he can simply link his site to that don't require me
> to know PHP? I know some ASP but haven't learned PHP yet.

Oops, I should have checked with google first - wordpress and other
sites have free blog hosting, what I would like is to hear from people
who are using free blog hosting to see what they think of the software
and host they're using, and see if they recommend their hosting co.

Mike Scirocco

Mike Scirocco wrote:
> Mike Scirocco wrote:
>> My neighbor wants me to set up a blog for him, are there free blog
>> hosting sites that he can simply link his site to that don't require
>> me to know PHP? I know some ASP but haven't learned PHP yet.

> Oops, I should have checked with google first - wordpress and other
> sites have free blog hosting, what I would like is to hear from people
> who are using free blog hosting to see what they think of the software
> and host they're using, and see if they recommend their hosting co.

for anyone interested in creating a free, basic blog, I made a wordpress
blog but dropped that in favor of blogger (blogspot.com). I found
blogger easier to work with and more configurable. For example, the
wordpress site didn't allow you to edit the site html/css with the free
account, but no problem at blogger. I picked a template, uploaded a
custom header image, made a bunch of changes to the template css and
updated it quickly and easily. Anyone who wants a free, easy to use
basic blog will probably be happy with blogspot.com.