Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Annual merit increase

Reply
Thread Tools

Annual merit increase

 
 
Death from Above
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2007

So while we're on the subject of compensation, what kind of raises are you
all getting? I went without raises for about 3 years during the dot com
bust but over the last 4 years I've gotten decent raises of between 4% and
6%.


Death from Above


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
CBIC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2007

"Death from Above" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> So while we're on the subject of compensation, what kind of raises are you
> all getting? I went without raises for about 3 years during the dot com
> bust but over the last 4 years I've gotten decent raises of between 4% and
> 6%.
>
>
> Death from Above
>


I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary here so haven't had a raise yet but
word around the water cooler is it should be around 5%. Not great but not
bad either.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
kpg*
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2007
"CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>
> "Death from Above" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> So while we're on the subject of compensation, what kind of raises
>> are you all getting? I went without raises for about 3 years during
>> the dot com bust but over the last 4 years I've gotten decent raises
>> of between 4% and 6%.
>>
>>
>> Death from Above
>>

>
> I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary here so haven't had a raise yet
> but word around the water cooler is it should be around 5%. Not great
> but not bad either.
>
>


3%, but then I make like a gazillion dollaars a year.
 
Reply With Quote
 
PAJ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2007
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 16:29:32 -0800, "Death from Above"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>So while we're on the subject of compensation, what kind of raises are you
>all getting? I went without raises for about 3 years during the dot com
>bust but over the last 4 years I've gotten decent raises of between 4% and
>6%.


That is poor. No raise for 3 years.
Maybe you should try Viagra.
 
Reply With Quote
 
catwalker63
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-29-2007
PAJ <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 16:29:32 -0800, "Death from Above"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>
>>So while we're on the subject of compensation, what kind of raises are
>>you all getting? I went without raises for about 3 years during the
>>dot com bust but over the last 4 years I've gotten decent raises of
>>between 4% and 6%.

>
> That is poor. No raise for 3 years.
> Maybe you should try Viagra.


That's it. You are cut off. No more 'nog for you!

--
Catwalker
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
"Definitely not wearing any underwear."
 
Reply With Quote
 
Consultant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2008
my rate hasnt changed in 3 years

"Death from Above" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> So while we're on the subject of compensation, what kind of raises are you
> all getting? I went without raises for about 3 years during the dot com
> bust but over the last 4 years I've gotten decent raises of between 4% and
> 6%.
>
>
> Death from Above
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jtyc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2008
> my rate hasnt changed in 3 years

Its so high they can't raise it anymore without declaring you king first?
 
Reply With Quote
 
dlancelot dlancelot is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
 
      01-10-2008
I'm a contractor, I dictate my own raises...but I also have to pay for benefits, and create my own retirement plan.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Consultant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-10-2008
word

"Jtyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> my rate hasnt changed in 3 years

>
> Its so high they can't raise it anymore without declaring you king first?



 
Reply With Quote
 
Neil
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-11-2008
did you hear "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> my rate hasnt changed in 3 years
>
> "Death from Above" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> So while we're on the subject of compensation, what kind of raises
>> are you all getting? I went without raises for about 3 years during
>> the dot com bust but over the last 4 years I've gotten decent raises
>> of between 4% and 6%.
>>
>>
>> Death from Above
>>

>
>


I have recieved perf. increases of approx 2.5-3% in addition to the COLA
raise of 3% the past 4 years. This year, however, I have reach my max
comp, for perf increases and will not be getting it even though my
manager has rated me "exceeds expectations". I still get COLA, but no
perf raise. My boss is attempting to get me a cash bonus instead...bless
her heart...

--
The InterNeil "V2 w/tabbed browsing & decreased verbosity" MCNGP Triple X


- A conclusion is a place where you got tired of thinking.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Although I believe your criticisms of jQuery are without merit ... lorlarz Javascript 6 07-27-2008 07:27 PM
Industry Leaders to Address Shifting XML Terrain in Keynotes at IDEAlliance's Annual Conference; XML 2005 Chair Recognizes Key Role of Sponsors, Co-Hosts & Exhibitors melledge XML 0 09-30-2005 05:33 PM
Tri-XML 2005 -- Annual Conference, July 28-29, 2005 -- McKimmon Center Scott Abel XML 0 07-12-2005 04:21 PM
"Today marks the third annual Systems Administrator Appreciation Day" Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD Computer Support 3 07-25-2003 12:56 PM
Re: The 3rd Annual Nigerian EMail Conference Joel Rubin Computer Support 2 07-16-2003 03:31 PM



Advertisments