Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > "Home, etc" popup on AP discovery

"Home, etc" popup on AP discovery

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

Have a working setup, but still regulrly get a "non dismissable" popup
that appears when the conditions are right for the computer to detect
new foreign access points.

The answers "Home, Work and Custom" have no connection to what I want...
which is for the computer to ignore these now, in the future and never
connect to them.

I don't use default ssid's and do have WEP on my system

Any input, education and tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Beverly Howard

nguyenpv

What OS are you running??

--
nguyenpv

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

>> Which OS <<

On the machine where it's most irritating, XPHome SP2, but also on XPPro
SP2.

Didn't think automatic detection was available on any other os.

Thanks,
Beverly Howard