Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > CompUSA selling out

CompUSA selling out

- Bobb -

I went to CompUSA and even though I heard they were going to go out of
business this month, in my store they had signs/ are already taking orders
for ANY furniture/display cases etc in the store. I thought they'd wait
until inventory gone. If I had room I'd get a few of the glass cases but
I have no room. If you'd like some, you ought to check your local store .
BTW they are having 10/20/30% off a lot of stuff in stock, bet you can
find better deals ( and get a warranty/ return the item) at Best Buy/
Circuit City etc so don't bother going to check out prices on computer
parts/TV yet. At CompUSA - no refunds/returns/credit - "All Sales Final "
so beware.

Chet39

Our CompUSA closed about 6 months ago. They were across the street from
Best Buy and Staples and just couldn't compete.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I went to CompUSA and even though I heard they were going to go out of
>business this month, in my store they had signs/ are already taking orders
>for ANY furniture/display cases etc in the store. I thought they'd wait
>until inventory gone. If I had room I'd get a few of the glass cases but I
>have no room. If you'd like some, you ought to check your local store .
> BTW they are having 10/20/30% off a lot of stuff in stock, bet you can
> find better deals ( and get a warranty/ return the item) at Best Buy/
> Circuit City etc so don't bother going to check out prices on computer
> parts/TV yet. At CompUSA - no refunds/returns/credit - "All Sales Final "
> so beware.

Linux

On Dec 19, 1:21 pm, "- Bobb -" <b...@noemail.123> wrote:
> I went to CompUSA and even though I heard they were going to go out of
> business this month, in my store they had signs/ are already taking orders
> for ANY furniture/display cases etc in the store. I thought they'd wait
> until inventory gone. If I had room I'd get a few of the glass cases but
> I have no room. If you'd like some, you ought to check your local store .
> BTW they are having 10/20/30% off a lot of stuff in stock, bet you can
> find better deals ( and get a warranty/ return the item) at Best Buy/
> Circuit City etc so don't bother going to check out prices on computer
> parts/TV yet. At CompUSA - no refunds/returns/credit - "All Sales Final "
> so beware.

I need computer furniture (a desk) for home, should I check CompUSA or
not ?
signed Rob in Houston, Tx

- Bobb -

"Linux" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Dec 19, 1:21 pm, "- Bobb -" <b...@noemail.123> wrote:
>> I went to CompUSA and even though I heard they were going to go out of
>> business this month, in my store they had signs/ are already taking
>> orders
>> for ANY furniture/display cases etc in the store. I thought they'd wait
>> until inventory gone. If I had room I'd get a few of the glass cases
>> but
>> I have no room. If you'd like some, you ought to check your local store
>> .
>> BTW they are having 10/20/30% off a lot of stuff in stock, bet you can
>> find better deals ( and get a warranty/ return the item) at Best Buy/
>> Circuit City etc so don't bother going to check out prices on computer
>> parts/TV yet. At CompUSA - no refunds/returns/credit - "All Sales Final
>> "
>> so beware.

> I need computer furniture (a desk) for home, should I check CompUSA or
> not ?
> signed Rob in Houston, Tx

Not unless from the office - I was talking about stuff they USE
themselves. Maybe ... if your's gives classes there's a classroom ???

Staples/OfficeMax have retail furniture - not CompUSA

Paul

Linux wrote:
> On Dec 19, 1:21 pm, "- Bobb -" <b...@noemail.123> wrote:
>> I went to CompUSA and even though I heard they were going to go out of
>> business this month, in my store they had signs/ are already taking orders
>> for ANY furniture/display cases etc in the store. I thought they'd wait
>> until inventory gone. If I had room I'd get a few of the glass cases but
>> I have no room. If you'd like some, you ought to check your local store .
>> BTW they are having 10/20/30% off a lot of stuff in stock, bet you can
>> find better deals ( and get a warranty/ return the item) at Best Buy/
>> Circuit City etc so don't bother going to check out prices on computer
>> parts/TV yet. At CompUSA - no refunds/returns/credit - "All Sales Final "
>> so beware.

> I need computer furniture (a desk) for home, should I check CompUSA or
> not ?
> signed Rob in Houston, Tx

The best way ? Build your own

My computer desk is 4' x 4', and there is plenty of room.
It is also strong enough to stand on. (The legs are 4x4s.)

In a civil emergency, I can "duck and cover".

The only tough part, is deciding how high off the floor,
to make the top surface.

Since it is assembled with screws, it can be completely
taken apart for shipping.

Paul

- Bobb -

"Linux" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Dec 19, 1:21 pm, "- Bobb -" <b...@noemail.123> wrote:
>> I went to CompUSA and even though I heard they were going to go out of
>> business this month, in my store they had signs/ are already taking
>> orders
>> for ANY furniture/display cases etc in the store. I thought they'd wait
>> until inventory gone. If I had room I'd get a few of the glass cases but
>> I have no room. If you'd like some, you ought to check your local store .
>> BTW they are having 10/20/30% off a lot of stuff in stock, but you can
>> find better deals ( and get a warranty/ return the item) at Best Buy/
>> Circuit City etc so don't bother going to check out prices on computer
>> parts/TV yet. At CompUSA - no refunds/returns/credit - "All Sales Final "
>> so beware.

> I need computer furniture (a desk) for home, should I check CompUSA or
> not ?
> signed Rob in Houston, Tx

I stopped at store in NH and they were selling THEIR used desks for $50. Too
big for me... desktop was about 48"x30" with 1 file drawer and 1 smaller
drawer on each side of where you'd sit. Good deal if you have the room.
STILL no 'good deals' on computer stuff.
( I went in looking for USB hdd cases - 2.5" or 3.5" - they want $39 !!! )

- Bobb -

For rebates/warranty info etc:

http://www.compusaconsumerhelp.com/