Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Product key after repair

Product key after repair

Lorre

Hello,

My computer is crashed, so i want to repair it with the disk that was
included. But there wasn't a product key on my computer or on the CD.

The product keys that i have found on Google doesn't work...

So i hope that someone of you know a product key...

(i have a Windows XP 64-bits professional)

Carlos

Lorre,
If you still can boot into Windows, use this program
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html
to retrieve your legitimate Windows product key.
Carlos

"Lorre" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My computer is crashed, so i want to repair it with the disk that was
> included. But there wasn't a product key on my computer or on the CD.
>
> The product keys that i have found on Google doesn't work...
>
> So i hope that someone of you know a product key...
>
> (i have a Windows XP 64-bits professional)

Lorre

That doen't work. You can only see the product key of the running OS.

I can't start my XP PR x64 because he asks a product key in the setup.

"Carlos" wrote:

> Lorre,
> If you still can boot into Windows, use this program
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html
> to retrieve your legitimate Windows product key.
> Carlos
>
> "Lorre" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > My computer is crashed, so i want to repair it with the disk that was
> > included. But there wasn't a product key on my computer or on the CD.
> >
> > The product keys that i have found on Google doesn't work...
> >
> > So i hope that someone of you know a product key...
> >
> > (i have a Windows XP 64-bits professional)

Colin Barnhorst

Where did you get the product key in the first place?

"Lorre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That doen't work. You can only see the product key of the running OS.
>
> I can't start my XP PR x64 because he asks a product key in the setup.
>
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
>> Lorre,
>> If you still can boot into Windows, use this program
>> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html
>> to retrieve your legitimate Windows product key.
>> Carlos
>>
>> "Lorre" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > My computer is crashed, so i want to repair it with the disk that was
>> > included. But there wasn't a product key on my computer or on the CD.
>> >
>> > The product keys that i have found on Google doesn't work...
>> >
>> > So i hope that someone of you know a product key...
>> >
>> > (i have a Windows XP 64-bits professional)

Carlos

Lorre,
When you say "crashed" do you imply that something happened that prevents
every kind of boot (safe, etc.) into Windows?
If you cannot boot, then remove your hard disk and place it as a data disk
(or secondary) in another working PC that already has Windows (any Windows)
running.
Run this program from that OS and use the proper command line switches so
that it reads the key in your drive.
Carlos

"Lorre" wrote:

> That doen't work. You can only see the product key of the running OS.
>
> I can't start my XP PR x64 because he asks a product key in the setup.
>
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
> > Lorre,
> > If you still can boot into Windows, use this program
> > http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html
> > to retrieve your legitimate Windows product key.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Lorre" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > My computer is crashed, so i want to repair it with the disk that was
> > > included. But there wasn't a product key on my computer or on the CD.
> > >
> > > The product keys that i have found on Google doesn't work...
> > >
> > > So i hope that someone of you know a product key...
> > >
> > > (i have a Windows XP 64-bits professional)

Lorre

I have never used a key.

I have my computer from my dad's work. It was already installed.

I mean with 'my computer is crashed' that he haves a BSOD when i start my
computer normal and in safe mode.

(code = 0x0000007E)

I have unplugged all the hardware, but it haven't work.

Now the old windows installation is replaced by the new, but i can't run the
setup because he is stuck in the 'product key - part'.