Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Anyone using Linksys WUSB54G with Check Point VPN-1

Anyone using Linksys WUSB54G with Check Point VPN-1

David Smith

Is anyone using a linksys wusb54g to access systems
via Check point VPN-1 SecurRemote?

I have a WRT54g connected to a cable modem with a desktop plugged
directly into the Linksys router, Checkpoint runs
fine on the system that is connected directly to the router.

I have another desktop in a different room that's using the wusb54g
wireless usb adapter, from this desktop check point is unable to
connect to our gateway server, I've tried forwarding numerous ports on
the wusb54g system and even putting the wireless system into a DMZ,
still no luck.

The ports I've tried forwarding on the linksys router are
80,500,1060,1080,1723,2746,3935,18231 is there some other port
I'm missing?

Also since check point works fine on the desktop system connected
directly to the WRT54G is it reasonable to assume that No
forwarding/triggering or set up in a DMZ should be necessary for the
system using the WUSB54G also? The system using the WUSB54G works fine
for all other internet access Except VPN.

I know I must be missing something so I would really appreciate any
help

Thank You