Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > bmp compressed image

bmp compressed image

Gurjant

I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
supports it . pls give me any reference

rf

"Gurjant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
> supports it . pls give me any reference

You don't want BMP images of any description if you are publishing for the
web. Look for editors that save as gif (8 bit, lossless, good for drawings)
or jpeg, (lossless, good for pictures). PNG is also an option.

Google. There are hundreds of them out there. If you are using Windows you
already have one. It's called Paint.

--
Richard.

Ben C

On 2007-12-19, rf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Gurjant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
>> supports it . pls give me any reference

> You don't want BMP images of any description if you are publishing for the
> web. Look for editors that save as gif (8 bit, lossless, good for drawings)
> or jpeg, (lossless, good for pictures). PNG is also an option.

Is jpeg ever lossless?

Blinky the Shark

Ben C wrote:

> On 2007-12-19, rf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> "Gurjant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
>>> supports it . pls give me any reference

>> You don't want BMP images of any description if you are publishing for the
>> web. Look for editors that save as gif (8 bit, lossless, good for drawings)
>> or jpeg, (lossless, good for pictures). PNG is also an option.

> Is jpeg ever lossless?

Good question, even for the highest quality (least compression) level.

If it weren't almost 5 AM I'd do some testing.

G'night.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

rf

"Ben C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2007-12-19, rf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> "Gurjant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
>>> supports it . pls give me any reference

>> You don't want BMP images of any description if you are publishing for
>> the
>> web. Look for editors that save as gif (8 bit, lossless, good for
>> drawings)
>> or jpeg, (lossless, good for pictures). PNG is also an option.

> Is jpeg ever lossless?

Typo. Lossy.

--
Richard.

Gurjant

On Dec 19, 4:30 pm, "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Gurjant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
> > supports it . pls give me any reference

> You don't want BMP images of any description if you are publishing for the
> web. Look for editors that save as gif (8 bit, lossless, good for drawings)
> or jpeg, (lossless, good for pictures). PNG is also an option.
>
> Google. There are hundreds of them out there. If you are using Windows you
> already have one. It's called Paint.
>
> --
> Richard.

I don't want to publish image for web but I need BMP images in which
8 or 4 bit RLE implimented for test. If you know the editor that
supports it pls tell me
Regards:-
-Gurjant

rf

"Gurjant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Dec 19, 4:30 pm, "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "Gurjant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> >I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
>> > supports it . pls give me any reference

>> You don't want BMP images of any description if you are publishing for
>> the
>> web. Look for editors that save as gif (8 bit, lossless, good for
>> drawings)
>> or jpeg, (lossless, good for pictures). PNG is also an option.
>>
>> Google. There are hundreds of them out there. If you are using Windows
>> you
>> already have one. It's called Paint.
>>
>> --
>> Richard.

> I don't want to publish image for web but I need BMP images in which
> 8 or 4 bit RLE implimented for test. If you know the editor that
> supports it pls tell me

See the HTML bit in the name of this newsgroup. This [usually] implies web.
For web we use JPEG, GIF or PNG.

If you want specific details on how to save BMP files then you are probably
better off in one of the microsoft groups. Either that or do what google
groupers never seem to be able to do: google for it. "bmp 8 bit rle" gave me
19,200 hits. Add the word "editor" and it narrows down to 8,990. Surely one
of them might give you a clue.

--
Richard.

J.O. Aho

Gurjant wrote:
> I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
> supports it . pls give me any reference

Enable gzip compression on your web server.

--

//Aho