Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Setting up a home wireless network

Setting up a home wireless network

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hlbWlzdDIzMzU=?=

My host PC operating system is windows ,using ME and my Client PC operating
system is windows, using XP. I use DSL and have installed a Westel wireless
router # 327w on the host PC and a network adapter, Lynks wireless 8, on my
clint PC.0 I am able to share my DSL connection but need help with file and
printer sharing. My expertise is beginner , in comutor technology and need
help. I want to thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.

Alan White

With a router, neither computer is host or client. Both are equal and
neither need be on for the other to access the Internet.
On the XP machine run the XP windows networking wizard and follow the
bouncing ball. It sets up quite easily. It will offer you the choice to
create a set-up on a memory stick to use on the other machine. As it is Me,
I suggest you follow the directions.
Ensure that each machine has a distinctive name (different than your logon
names) and that both machines use the EXACT same workgroup name.
Should be easy.

"chemist2335" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My host PC operating system is windows ,using ME and my Client PC
> operating
> system is windows, using XP. I use DSL and have installed a Westel
> wireless
> router # 327w on the host PC and a network adapter, Lynks wireless 8, on
> my
> clint PC.0 I am able to share my DSL connection but need help with file
> and
> printer sharing. My expertise is beginner , in comutor technology and need
> help. I want to thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.

Carey Holzman

www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

Carey