Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Death from Above's MCP Report

Death from Above's MCP Report

Death from Above

I find numbers pretty interesting. Enjoy.

Death from Above

MCSE 2003
-------------
Jun 2005: 27,510
Mar 2006: 40,985
Increase: 13,475
% Increase: 49%
Increase per month: 1,497

MCSA 2003
-------------
Jun 2005: 43,249
Mar 2006: 62,155
Increase: 18,906
% Increase: 44%
Increase per month: 2,101

MCSE 2000
-------------
Jun 2005: 272,406
Mar 2006: 275,358
Increase: 2952
% Increase: 1%
Increase per month: 328

MCSA 2000
-------------
Jun 2005: 153,755
Mar 2006: 137,873
Increase: -15,882
% Increase: -10%
Increase per month: -1,764

MCDST
-------------
Jun 2005: 7,077
Mar 2006: 13,583
Increase: 6506
% Increase: 92%
Increase per month: 542

MCDBA 2000
-------------
Jun 2005: 132,574
Mar 2006: 138,485
Increase: 5,911
% Increase: 4%
Increase per month: 657

MCSD .NET
-------------
Jun 2005: 15,463
Mar 2006: 20,582
Increase: 5,119
% Increase: 33%
Increase per month: 569

MCAD
-------------
Jun 2005: 33,298
Mar 2006: 45,917
Increase: 12,619
% Increase: 38%
Increase per month: 1,402

kpg

Death from Above <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like

Numbers, numbers, numbers. But what do they mean?

They seems pretty normal, 2000 out, 2003 in. Programmers in.

Yeah baby! Programmers rule!

kpg

Briscobar

Death from Above <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

> MCSA 2000
> -------------
> Jun 2005: 153,755
> Mar 2006: 137,873
> Increase: -15,882
> % Increase: -10%
> Increase per month: -1,764

???

How did the number of MCSA's decrease? Surely this doesn't count people
dying. And even if it did, why did more MCSA's die than any other cert
holders? Anyone know the real cause of this, if it's even accurate?

--
KB

MCNGP #26
www.mcngp.com = t3h h0tn3ss

JaR

plaintive wail of Briscobar:

> How did the number of MCSA's decrease?

Gotta be a tyop.

--
JaR
MCNGP 10110

kpg

Briscobar <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like

> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\191337.htm (3/3/2006 4:25:48
> PM) # Death from Above <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:
>>
>> MCSA 2000
>> -------------
>> Jun 2005: 153,755
>> Mar 2006: 137,873
>> Increase: -15,882
>> % Increase: -10%
>> Increase per month: -1,764

> ???
>
> How did the number of MCSA's decrease? Surely this doesn't count
> people dying. And even if it did, why did more MCSA's die than any
> other cert holders? Anyone know the real cause of this, if it's even
> accurate?

It's a very dangerous job, man.

kpg

PS - I just assumed these were new MCSA's? So it's down.
Maybe I'm wrong but I'll never admit it.

Death from Above

A good question. The data is definitely correct. That is to say, those are
the numbers that Microsoft reported on their web site
(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp).

I can only see two possible explanations:

1. One of the numbers is incorrect. (likely)
2. Microsoft decertified a bunch of cheaters. (extremely unlikely)

Death from Above

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Death from Above <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:
>>
>> MCSA 2000
>> -------------
>> Jun 2005: 153,755
>> Mar 2006: 137,873
>> Increase: -15,882
>> % Increase: -10%
>> Increase per month: -1,764

> ???
>
> How did the number of MCSA's decrease? Surely this doesn't count people
> dying. And even if it did, why did more MCSA's die than any other cert
> holders? Anyone know the real cause of this, if it's even accurate?
>
> --
> KB
>
> MCNGP #26
> www.mcngp.com = t3h h0tn3ss

JaR

the plaintive wail of Death from Above:

> 2. Microsoft decertified a bunch of cheaters.

Aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa*cough cough*
hahahahah*cough*ha*cough*haha...*sniff*...

Hahaaaa...

Ha...

....Eh?

> (extremely unlikely)

Oh... Sorry.

--
JaR
MCNGP 10110

Rowdy Yates

Death from Above wrote:
> A good question. The data is definitely correct. That is to say, those are
> the numbers that Microsoft reported on their web site
> (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp).
>
> I can only see two possible explanations:
>
> 1. One of the numbers is incorrect. (likely)
> 2. Microsoft decertified a bunch of cheaters. (extremely unlikely)

3. a few thousand of them migrated to the Linux camp. They don't know
why. But they kept seeing the word "Linux" in every media outlet so they
figured, "Hey, what the hell! Maybe there's a get rich quick scheme in
there somewhere".

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP Thug #39
http://www.mcngp.com/

Lasher

"Briscobar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:OMUgW8wPGHA.720
@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

> Death from Above <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:
>>
>> MCSA 2000
>> -------------
>> Jun 2005: 153,755
>> Mar 2006: 137,873
>> Increase: -15,882
>> % Increase: -10%
>> Increase per month: -1,764

> ???
>
> How did the number of MCSA's decrease? Surely this doesn't count people
> dying. And even if it did, why did more MCSA's die than any other cert
> holders? Anyone know the real cause of this, if it's even accurate?
>
> --
> KB
>
> MCNGP #26
> www.mcngp.com = t3h h0tn3ss

Change Increase to Decrease. If it goes on an average, then the only thing
that is wrong is the "Increase" in this case.

--
Lasher
MCNGP 110010

Bigus DiŠkus

> Change Increase to Decrease. If it goes on an average, then the only
> thing
> that is wrong is the "Increase" in this case.

But if it Decreased: -15,882 wouldn't that mean in Increased?

--
Bigus DiŠkus
--Don't feel bad. A lot of people have no talent!

Death, even when expected, is hard for anyone to deal with, but asuicidal death asim malik Perl Misc 1 09-13-2009 07:42 AM
MCP - timeframe for MCP ID Paul MCDST 1 02-11-2008 04:25 PM
Re: Crocodile Hunter - DEATH VIDEO - Steve Irwin - crocodile hunter - death video - steve irwin.exe (1/1) Mikey DVD Video 3 09-14-2006 05:52 PM
what is the process to get MCP certificate and MCP Id zigzag MCAD 2 02-02-2004 03:58 PM
Score Report Code for Mcp Site???? Daniel Monteverde ...::: [MCP] :::... Microsoft Certification 0 09-01-2003 06:58 AM

Advertisments