Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > How to config two Cisco PIX devices to allow multicast traffic through the VPN tuunel between the two.

How to config two Cisco PIX devices to allow multicast traffic through the VPN tuunel between the two.

ashaffer@tranztec.com

I need to config two Pixes to allow multicase traffic through an ipsec
VPN tunnel to connect 3Con NBX phone system with some remote phones.

I would like to know If this can be done without any other equipment,
and if it can be done how do you config the pixes?

Thanks

Andrew

Merv

PIX cannot hnadle directly

see Cisco docs on how to tunnel multicast traffic thru PIX:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...800943fe.shtml