Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Running Vista 64. FAQ?

Running Vista 64. FAQ?

David F

I've been running Vista Business 64 without many problems for a few days
now. One thing is that I'm no longer able to see previews of Adobe
documents in Windows Explorer.

1) Does anyone have a fix for this?

I use Vista 64 because in addition to using MS Office, I do development.
I'm running SQL Server 2005 64 bit and also Visual Studio 2008. The system
is very fast and very stable with 4 GB RAM, 200 GB 7200 HD on an Thinkpad
X61s laptop.

Here are two things to look out for:
This should help you with ITunes burning DVDs under Vista 64:
http://www.agileprogrammer.com/dotne.../22/23851.aspx

Workaround for Windows Search and Office 2007 documents on Windows Vista
64-bit.
http://www.windows-now.com/blogs/kmk...ta-64-bit.aspx

Nero OEM Essentials 7 with latest update works for me. So does ImgBurn.
Motorola Phone Tools through bluetooth to my Moto Razr to update contacts
from Outlook works as well. I know that Cisco VPN client does not work, but
the newer version called AnyConnect does work.

2) Could we please put together a FAQ that helps people with various
problems such as those above?

Colin Barnhorst

A FAQ like you find on forums and websites do not work on newsgroups.
Messages scroll out of sight in a couple of days and folks don't go looking
for such things because they don't expect to find them in a newsgroup. Such
things need to be pinned to the top of the view and does not work in an ng.

"David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've been running Vista Business 64 without many problems for a few days
> now. One thing is that I'm no longer able to see previews of Adobe
> documents in Windows Explorer.
>
> 1) Does anyone have a fix for this?
>
> I use Vista 64 because in addition to using MS Office, I do development.
> I'm running SQL Server 2005 64 bit and also Visual Studio 2008. The
> system is very fast and very stable with 4 GB RAM, 200 GB 7200 HD on an
> Thinkpad X61s laptop.
>
> Here are two things to look out for:
> This should help you with ITunes burning DVDs under Vista 64:
> http://www.agileprogrammer.com/dotne.../22/23851.aspx
>
> Workaround for Windows Search and Office 2007 documents on Windows Vista
> 64-bit.
> http://www.windows-now.com/blogs/kmk...ta-64-bit.aspx
>
> Nero OEM Essentials 7 with latest update works for me. So does ImgBurn.
> Motorola Phone Tools through bluetooth to my Moto Razr to update contacts
> from Outlook works as well. I know that Cisco VPN client does not work,
> but the newer version called AnyConnect does work.
>
> 2) Could we please put together a FAQ that helps people with various
> problems such as those above?

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Oh my goodness, Colin how are you? Hope all is well.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>A FAQ like you find on forums and websites do not work on newsgroups.
>Messages scroll out of sight in a couple of days and folks don't go looking
>for such things because they don't expect to find them in a newsgroup.
>Such things need to be pinned to the top of the view and does not work in
>an ng.
>
> "David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've been running Vista Business 64 without many problems for a few days
>> now. One thing is that I'm no longer able to see previews of Adobe
>> documents in Windows Explorer.
>>
>> 1) Does anyone have a fix for this?
>>
>> I use Vista 64 because in addition to using MS Office, I do development.
>> I'm running SQL Server 2005 64 bit and also Visual Studio 2008. The
>> system is very fast and very stable with 4 GB RAM, 200 GB 7200 HD on an
>> Thinkpad X61s laptop.
>>
>> Here are two things to look out for:
>> This should help you with ITunes burning DVDs under Vista 64:
>> http://www.agileprogrammer.com/dotne.../22/23851.aspx
>>
>> Workaround for Windows Search and Office 2007 documents on Windows Vista
>> 64-bit.
>> http://www.windows-now.com/blogs/kmk...ta-64-bit.aspx
>>
>> Nero OEM Essentials 7 with latest update works for me. So does ImgBurn.
>> Motorola Phone Tools through bluetooth to my Moto Razr to update contacts
>> from Outlook works as well. I know that Cisco VPN client does not work,
>> but the newer version called AnyConnect does work.
>>
>> 2) Could we please put together a FAQ that helps people with various
>> problems such as those above?

Peter Foldes

Hello Colin. Nice to see you.

--
Peter

"Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>A FAQ like you find on forums and websites do not work on newsgroups.
> Messages scroll out of sight in a couple of days and folks don't go looking
> for such things because they don't expect to find them in a newsgroup. Such
> things need to be pinned to the top of the view and does not work in an ng.
>
> "David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've been running Vista Business 64 without many problems for a few days
>> now. One thing is that I'm no longer able to see previews of Adobe
>> documents in Windows Explorer.
>>
>> 1) Does anyone have a fix for this?
>>
>> I use Vista 64 because in addition to using MS Office, I do development.
>> I'm running SQL Server 2005 64 bit and also Visual Studio 2008. The
>> system is very fast and very stable with 4 GB RAM, 200 GB 7200 HD on an
>> Thinkpad X61s laptop.
>>
>> Here are two things to look out for:
>> This should help you with ITunes burning DVDs under Vista 64:
>> http://www.agileprogrammer.com/dotne.../22/23851.aspx
>>
>> Workaround for Windows Search and Office 2007 documents on Windows Vista
>> 64-bit.
>> http://www.windows-now.com/blogs/kmk...ta-64-bit.aspx
>>
>> Nero OEM Essentials 7 with latest update works for me. So does ImgBurn.
>> Motorola Phone Tools through bluetooth to my Moto Razr to update contacts
>> from Outlook works as well. I know that Cisco VPN client does not work,
>> but the newer version called AnyConnect does work.
>>
>> 2) Could we please put together a FAQ that helps people with various
>> problems such as those above?

Colin Barnhorst

Much better, thanks.

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oh my goodness, Colin how are you? Hope all is well.
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry
> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>A FAQ like you find on forums and websites do not work on newsgroups.
>>Messages scroll out of sight in a couple of days and folks don't go
>>looking for such things because they don't expect to find them in a
>>newsgroup. Such things need to be pinned to the top of the view and does
>>not work in an ng.
>>
>> "David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I've been running Vista Business 64 without many problems for a few
>>> days now. One thing is that I'm no longer able to see previews of Adobe
>>> documents in Windows Explorer.
>>>
>>> 1) Does anyone have a fix for this?
>>>
>>> I use Vista 64 because in addition to using MS Office, I do development.
>>> I'm running SQL Server 2005 64 bit and also Visual Studio 2008. The
>>> system is very fast and very stable with 4 GB RAM, 200 GB 7200 HD on an
>>> Thinkpad X61s laptop.
>>>
>>> Here are two things to look out for:
>>> This should help you with ITunes burning DVDs under Vista 64:
>>> http://www.agileprogrammer.com/dotne.../22/23851.aspx
>>>
>>> Workaround for Windows Search and Office 2007 documents on Windows Vista
>>> 64-bit.
>>> http://www.windows-now.com/blogs/kmk...ta-64-bit.aspx
>>>
>>> Nero OEM Essentials 7 with latest update works for me. So does ImgBurn.
>>> Motorola Phone Tools through bluetooth to my Moto Razr to update
>>> contacts from Outlook works as well. I know that Cisco VPN client does
>>> not work, but the newer version called AnyConnect does work.
>>>
>>> 2) Could we please put together a FAQ that helps people with various
>>> problems such as those above?

Colin Barnhorst

Hi!

"Peter Foldes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hello Colin. Nice to see you.

--
Peter

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>A FAQ like you find on forums and websites do not work on newsgroups.
> Messages scroll out of sight in a couple of days and folks don't go
> looking
> for such things because they don't expect to find them in a newsgroup.
> Such
> things need to be pinned to the top of the view and does not work in an
> ng.
>
> "David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've been running Vista Business 64 without many problems for a few days
>> now. One thing is that I'm no longer able to see previews of Adobe
>> documents in Windows Explorer.
>>
>> 1) Does anyone have a fix for this?
>>
>> I use Vista 64 because in addition to using MS Office, I do development.
>> I'm running SQL Server 2005 64 bit and also Visual Studio 2008. The
>> system is very fast and very stable with 4 GB RAM, 200 GB 7200 HD on an
>> Thinkpad X61s laptop.
>>
>> Here are two things to look out for:
>> This should help you with ITunes burning DVDs under Vista 64:
>> http://www.agileprogrammer.com/dotne.../22/23851.aspx
>>
>> Workaround for Windows Search and Office 2007 documents on Windows Vista
>> 64-bit.
>> http://www.windows-now.com/blogs/kmk...ta-64-bit.aspx
>>
>> Nero OEM Essentials 7 with latest update works for me. So does ImgBurn.
>> Motorola Phone Tools through bluetooth to my Moto Razr to update contacts
>> from Outlook works as well. I know that Cisco VPN client does not work,
>> but the newer version called AnyConnect does work.
>>
>> 2) Could we please put together a FAQ that helps people with various
>> problems such as those above?

Tont Sperling

Correct - and besides, this NG, as it comes, IS a FAQ since all reasonable
questions are usually answered 'Pronto'!

The rest won't find it's answere in any FAQ anyhow?

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Running,Running! audit2 Firefox 1 02-01-2008 09:27 PM
Running into MTU issues with VPN running on Cisco 7206VXR amit1017 Cisco 1 10-18-2007 01:03 PM
modify a long-running python script while it is running? Benjamin Rutt Python 2 12-20-2005 01:42 PM
I'm trying to network a deasktop running 98SE and a laptop running XP. Marc Computer Support 8 11-19-2003 03:01 AM

Advertisments