Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Filtering route advertisements in EIGRP

Filtering route advertisements in EIGRP

srp336@getcoactive.com

Is it possible to filter route advertisements in EIGRP? I've got a
situation where I'd like to use 'redistrbute static', but two of the
static routes are default routes which I don't want advertised. Is
there any way to filter advertisements, and if not, is there another
way to get that static route advertised through EIGRP?

Thanks!

Charlie Root

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Is it possible to filter route advertisements in EIGRP? I've got a
> situation where I'd like to use 'redistrbute static', but two of the
> static routes are default routes which I don't want advertised. Is
> there any way to filter advertisements, and if not, is there another
> way to get that static route advertised through EIGRP?

For this particular situation you actually don't need filters on EIGRP
itself. Instead 'redistribute static route-map MY_MAP' and following piece
of config:

! Note 'le 1' below is very important
ip prefix-list prefix_dflt_rt perm 0.0.0.0/0 le 1
!
route-map MY_MAP deny 10
match ip address prefix prefix_dflt_rt
route-map MY_MAP perm 20
!

This way default route won't be redistributed into EIGRP at all.

Kind regards,
iLya