Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: .NET and Python Integration Problem and PDF Library (Need Helpand Suggestions)

Re: .NET and Python Integration Problem and PDF Library (Need Helpand Suggestions)

Ravi Kumar

In continuation of last mail [since pressing tab+space sent the mail ]
Things on high priorities right now are:
- How to integrate Python calling from .NET
- Any suggestions for optimizations that would prevent overburden to
application due to IronPython interpretation calling, if any, or does
such things happen.
- Pointers to good resources
- Any step in such kind of situation, so to make it Enterprise Grade
application components
- your opinion with available PDF Libraries, that are best among. Also
which library to use for Windows server platform (there is limitation
on installing long chain libraries that include other deep
dependencies too). A pure python PDF library would be good, but which
one.
-Which XML Library is pure python based.

More questions will follow up
And I hope, people will reply me.

--
-=Ravi=-

Waldemar Osuch

On Dec 18, 6:42 am, "Ravi Kumar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In continuation of last mail [since pressing tab+space sent the mail ]
> Things on high priorities right now are:
> - How to integrate Python calling from .NET

If I had to do something like this I would host a Python web
server listening on some port and let .NET application talk to me
using HTTP requests preferably or SOAP if I really had to.
It could be a Paster or Cherrypy or Twisted based server.
Google for instruction on how to package it using py2exe
into a windows service.
The service could be hosted on the same server as .NET or a separate
box

> - Any suggestions for optimizations that would prevent overburden to
> application due to IronPython interpretation calling, if any, or does
> such things happen.
> - Pointers to good resources
> - Any step in such kind of situation, so to make it Enterprise Grade
> application components

I do not have Enterprise Grade Seal of Approval but similar setup is
running successfully at my workplace for the last 2 years.

http://pybrary.net/pyPdf/

> -Which XML Library is pure python based.

ElementTree

Ravi Kumar

> If I had to do something like this I would host a Python web
> server listening on some port and let .NET application talk to me
> using HTTP requests preferably or SOAP if I really had to.
> It could be a Paster or Cherrypy or Twisted based server.
> Google for instruction on how to package it using py2exe
> into a windows service.
> The service could be hosted on the same server as .NET or a separate
> box

Thats is the best solution to me also, but restrictions are I cann't
consume extra service for it. I need tight integration and no remote
service calls, thats why it seems bit tricky to me., and i am working
to integrate Python implementation in .NET.
So where the .NET application has to work with PDF part, it will
invoke the IronPython Engine, pass required configurations and
parameters, and get the result+exceptions etc.

> http://pybrary.net/pyPdf/

Noted for my reference. Thanks

> > -Which XML Library is pure python based.
> >

> ElementTree

So ElementTree solved one part. thanks friend.

--
-=Ravi=-