Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > hyperlinks

hyperlinks

woodland

Why will IE 7 not open all the links in some pages?
Firefox will open them.
I'm not able to open some links in OE either.
I've checked all the URL file associations.
This problem doesn't apply to all links, that's why i'm curious.

Evan Platt

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:30:43 +0100, "woodland" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Why will IE 7 not open all the links in some pages?

I have no idea.

>Firefox will open them.

Could be something specific to those links.

>I'm not able to open some links in OE either.
>I've checked all the URL file associations.
>This problem doesn't apply to all links, that's why i'm curious.

You don't think maybe providing one or more of those links would help
do you?

woodland

"Evan Platt" <heobvious.espphotography.com> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:30:43 +0100, "woodland" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> evan@t
>>Why will IE 7 not open all the links in some pages?

> I have no idea.
>
>>Firefox will open them.

> Could be something specific to those links.
>
>>I'm not able to open some links in OE either.
>>I've checked all the URL file associations.
>>This problem doesn't apply to all links, that's why i'm curious.

> You don't think maybe providing one or more of those links would help
> do you?

one link is
www.treasureislandsweets.co.uk
i can open it with my desktop computer but not with my laptop.
the other link is a link leading to the telephone company (here in Holland)
most of the links work but when i try to get into the pages containing the
information about how much i've used this month, i get a blank page and the
message that the page has been annulled.
i've checked my firewall and other security settings.
i am able to open it using Mozzilla Firefox, and i think most other
hyperlinks work okay.

greetings
chevauxnoir

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"woodland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Why will IE 7 not open all the links in some pages?
>Firefox will open them.
>I'm not able to open some links in OE either.
>I've checked all the URL file associations.
>This problem doesn't apply to all links, that's why i'm curious.

Take the Acid test
http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/

Of the three IE, FF Opera, only Opera displays this correctly.

This will show that IE sucks, and they don't care, it's been this way
from the beginning

--

Misadventures in advertising
http://tinyurl.com/2z52d5

Plato

woodland wrote:

> Why will IE 7 not open all the links in some pages?
> Firefox will open them.
> I'm not able to open some links in OE either.
> I've checked all the URL file associations.
> This problem doesn't apply to all links, that's why i'm curious.

Tis the reason one should always have at least 2 browsers installed.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

> "woodland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Why will IE 7 not open all the links in some pages?
>>Firefox will open them.
>>I'm not able to open some links in OE either.
>>I've checked all the URL file associations.
>>This problem doesn't apply to all links, that's why i'm curious.

>Take the Acid test
>http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/
>
>Of the three IE, FF Opera, only Opera displays this correctly.
>
>This will show that IE sucks, and they don't care, it's been this way
>from the beginning

Hell just froze over: Internet Explorer 8 passes the Acid2 test
http://tinyurl.com/29qvub
--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaline/...n/photostream/

Blinky the Shark

Pennywise wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> "woodland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Why will IE 7 not open all the links in some pages?
>>>Firefox will open them.
>>>I'm not able to open some links in OE either.
>>>I've checked all the URL file associations.
>>>This problem doesn't apply to all links, that's why i'm curious.

>>Take the Acid test
>>http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/
>>
>>Of the three IE, FF Opera, only Opera displays this correctly.
>>
>>This will show that IE sucks, and they don't care, it's been this way
>>from the beginning

> Hell just froze over: Internet Explorer 8 passes the Acid2 test
> http://tinyurl.com/29qvub

Does it do XHTML?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Pennywise wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>>Take the Acid test
>>>http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/
>>>
>>>Of the three IE, FF Opera, only Opera displays this correctly.
>>>
>>>This will show that IE sucks, and they don't care, it's been this way
>>>from the beginning

>> Hell just froze over: Internet Explorer 8 passes the Acid2 test
>> http://tinyurl.com/29qvub

>Does it do XHTML?

After I posted that link I came across a /. posting
http://it.slashdot.org/it/07/12/19/2231235.shtml

It only works in standard mode (which is?), and I agree with
EvilMonkeySlayer:

"I find it something of a curious coincidence that as soon as Opera
starts asking the EU to take legal action against MS and the little
web developer revolt a while ago about the distinct lack of any
information coming from the IE team regarding 8 that all of a sudden
we have this "we'll be passing the acid2 test"."

Also note that the Acid test page is bad, the above link gave a good
result for Opera a few days ago, today it doesn't pass.
Explained: http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=394500&cid=21761480

but back to >Does it do XHTML?
How the hell do I know
--

Stupid Cops
http://tinyurl.com/2pzkok

Blinky the Shark

Pennywise wrote:

> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Pennywise wrote:

>>> Hell just froze over: Internet Explorer 8 passes the Acid2 test
>>> http://tinyurl.com/29qvub

>>Does it do XHTML?

> After I posted that link I came across a /. posting
> http://it.slashdot.org/it/07/12/19/2231235.shtml
>
> It only works in standard mode (which is?), and I agree with

Which is not quirks mode.

> EvilMonkeySlayer:
>
> "I find it something of a curious coincidence that as soon as Opera
> starts asking the EU to take legal action against MS and the little
> web developer revolt a while ago about the distinct lack of any
> information coming from the IE team regarding 8 that all of a sudden
> we have this "we'll be passing the acid2 test"."
>
> Also note that the Acid test page is bad, the above link gave a good
> result for Opera a few days ago, today it doesn't pass.
> Explained: http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=394500&cid=21761480
>
> but back to >Does it do XHTML?
> How the hell do I know

Something made me think you'd been reading up on it.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Universal hyperlinks for Microsoft Publisher =?Utf-8?B?bmljbGF3?= Microsoft Certification 0 04-06-2006 04:00 AM
Hyperlinks Juan Moreira Firefox 4 02-18-2006 01:29 AM
IE vs Firefox hyperlinks? Colin Firefox 3 07-13-2005 06:32 PM
After loading FF 1.0.3, hyperlinks in T-Bird e-mails don't open in FF Jim Firefox 3 04-22-2005 09:59 PM
Hyperlinks Not Launching Firefox CG Firefox 1 07-10-2004 08:20 AM

Advertisments